Superb Mr 2 1.9 or 1.6

skodagordy

It's basically the same, but with the power distributed a little more evenly over the rev range! The 1.9 has a lot of power down low, but pretty much nothing at the top, while the 1.6 is a little more "petrol-ish" and free-revving! :) My Superb is a 2.0 170bhp, but my friend has a 1.6 Superb, and I was actually impressed by how well the little 1.6 engine pulls such a big car! I honestly didn't notice THAT much difference! 

We were only 2 people in the car though, so keep in mind that it could be a lot different with 4-5 people + luggage. My 1.6 tdi Golf used to struggle a little bit going uphill while fully loaded! 

Hope that helps at least a little bit! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a Greenline estate, 1.6Cr diesel, let me report back later. Drove back from Cannoch to Glasgow yesterday and it sat comfortably at 80 all the way home and still achieved 50mpg.

Just in the taxi test centre just now getting it hopefully approved to work today

G

• 2 weeks later...

Yes so my 1.6 Greenline is shockingly slow! No power. I expected it to be slow but it's brutal so definitely going for a map real soon, get it up around the 140/150bhp mark.

Mines is an Elegance so the toys and spec are keeping me happy untill such time it goes for the map, in hindsight I should have bought the 2.0 however couldn't get an elegance in budget

G

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes so my 1.6 Greenline is shockingly slow! No power. I expected it to be slow but it's brutal so definitely going for a map real soon, get it up around the 140/150bhp mark.

Mines is an Elegance so the toys and spec are keeping me happy untill such time it goes for the map, in hindsight I should have bought the 2.0 however couldn't get an elegance in budget

G

Not seen 140PS promised on any remap, 125 seems the most but its torque you need more

Not seen 140PS promised on any remap, 125 seems the most but its torque you need more

My last 105 was up at 145bhp but dropped it down to 139.6 as it was smoking higher up the revs, custom map on the rollers, not a generic map. Ecotune in Glasgow

G