New Golf R - Part 2

john999boy

2 hours ago, Defenderben said:

Glad I sold mine again.

This is from another forum, not nice for the owner to turn up at the VW dealership to find his pride and joy stripped over night (yes it was a customers car). Wheels, disc, callipers all gone :(

Also wheels off a GTI from rear of the same dealership, bit of a claim there.

A3BA0783-B8A6-4A91-A54A-41B1DBD8B2A3.jpeg

F3513F7A-8A27-441D-8163-A1CC69817FB8.jpeg

C648330B-BC76-4AF9-87EB-2F29F5AC32D3.jpeg

2CD16E5D-D6E7-4A53-9492-D806E4185301.jpeg

Ben,

Glad you really enjoyed both of your Rs when they were in your ownership and presumably kept safe.

Put that down too your training in

recognising a scumbag or two when you see then. 

All the best in your new non VAG motor!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the R’s and preferred the manual over DSG but seeing the cars being stripped for parts, especially front bumpers is rising fast, so thought time to move on plus I did ok on the deal.

I'm only keeping the i3 to a max of Nov 2020, when the BMW warranty expires, unless a good deal pops up in the meantime.

TBH I’m enjoying the EV’s instant torque experience at the moment and the fact I haven’t spent a penny refuelling it (free charger down the road) since owning it.

Now I know what electric cars go like, which is impressive; I’m looking towards the next lot of offerings from all sides :)

And allegedly scumbags are not stealing EV’s yet but time will tell.

Edited by Defenderben
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only 4years behind the original VW Golf R MK7 Estate but is it really any better??

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22744/mercedes-amg-cla35-shooting-brake-hot-wagon-squares-up-to-golf-r-estate

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/cla/107044/new-mercedes-amg-cla-35-shooting-brake-joins-the-range

Mercedes-AMG CLA35 Shooting Brake

God that backend is bloody ugly especially below the waist line imo.

Edited by vrskeith

• 3 weeks later...

5years since my first Golf R mk7 and still the best everyday hot hatch . Not just my opinion.

Come on BMW your M135i 4wd will have to be something special to usurp mk7.5 and the mk8 is waiting in the wings 2020.

• 1 month later...
On 02/03/2019 at 19:52, Defenderben said:

Glad I sold mine again.

This is from another forum, not nice for the owner to turn up at the VW dealership to find his pride and joy stripped over night (yes it was a customers car). Wheels, disc, callipers all gone 😞

Also wheels off a GTI from rear of the same dealership, bit of a claim there.

A3BA0783-B8A6-4A91-A54A-41B1DBD8B2A3.jpeg

F3513F7A-8A27-441D-8163-A1CC69817FB8.jpeg

C648330B-BC76-4AF9-87EB-2F29F5AC32D3.jpeg

2CD16E5D-D6E7-4A53-9492-D806E4185301.jpeg

That looks a lot like JCT600 at Sheffield, got my Passat from there.

They now keep all their Golf R stock in the basement with all the steering wheels, brakes, and wheels removed already and stored seperately

Very sad that the huge reduction in police numbers has led to such unhindered criminal activity.  

It isn’t right that people can’t save for and buy what they want because of the fear it will attract criminals, and all the grief that goes with it.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dunc69 said:

It isn’t right that people can’t save for and buy what they want because of the fear it will attract criminals, and all the grief that goes with it.  

This isn't a recent problem with "nice" cars - the same was true in the 1980s and 1990's (when Police numbers were much higher).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

This isn't a recent problem with "nice" cars - the same was true in the 1980s and 1990's (when Police numbers were much higher).

Indeed my brother had a company owned Cavalier GSi stolen from his drive without breaking into his house. The Police chased it through Leicester at high speed then called off the pursuit because it was getting too dangerous. The thieves then ram raided several shop fronts collecting their haul of fags and booze and dumping the very battered write off.:angry:

On 12/06/2019 at 19:40, vrskeith said:

She summed it up nicely the GTi is better than the Golf R. Take a Golf GTi PP model give it an extra 94bhp and in -gear acceleration is astounding, even Caterham owners are surprised.:D

On 08/06/2019 at 07:22, vrskeith said:

Exactly.:blush

50 minutes ago, vrskeith said:

Golf R 306bhp 29.9mpg long term PWR 206bhp/tonne.

Civic Type R 316bhp 28.1mpg long term PWR 229bhp/tonne.

Stage 2 Vrs245 336bhp 40.55mpg long term PWR 245bhp/tonne. Think I will keep the Octy as it does quite well in top trumps.:thumbup: