Possible new works van...

Rustynuts

Decided a while ago that a better vehicle for work for me is anything but a van. So been looking for alternatives, and seen this.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509166960876

Anything stand out as dodgy, need special attention, or what have you? Not worried about service intervals or haldex oil changed etc. just Yeti specific stuff.

Do you really need the AWD?

Would a Skoda Roomster not be a better choice, it is well known among the toe rag fraternity that one parked outside a house and 

you might as well just go someplace else.

Silly really because they could be taking and driving away and a big screen TV fits in quite easily.

That does seem cheap for a 2012 and that mileage, even if it is a base spec.

Great shout with the Roomster too. Loads of space and a decent buy second hand :thumbup:

That's the reason for the Yeti over the Roomster. 4wd in winter in the Yorkshire Dales will be a big bonus. Most of my work is in winter, and I need to be mobile. I've managed over the years with winter tyres and a brave pill before I go to work, but the extra driven wheels are a real plus point.

• Like 2

Priced to sell.

Possibly, and possibly for a reason.

Book price tends to indicate that should be nearer £9-10k for this mileage. For me, it all comes down to what similar age/mileage/spec are going for on AutoTrader and eBay.

Is that no to a Yeti, or no to this particular Yeti?

just this one....the dealer appears not to be of the highest repute....it seems too cheap....dealers sell cars cheap for a reason. Look at the dealer stock....do the other cars seem worthy?

It's the most expensive car on the dealers forecourt....

if it looks like a duck....and smells like a duck.....it probably is a duck

Well, I'd already decided the dealer was one to avoid. The fact that he's been prosecuted last year for selling unroadworthy vehicles is enough for me. If it was on my doorstep so I could have a look without putting in any legwork I'd go have a look. But I'm not doing 350 miles round trip to see it.

• Like 1