APR Release the 1.2TSI Software and we're loving it!

AwesomeAl

courtesycars.png

As some of you may know, Awesome have recently updated it's Customer Courtesy cars to a fleet of brand new SEAT Ibiza FR 1.2TSI's just in time for APR's release of the 1.2TSI Stage 1 Software upgrade! 

So, We set to work in getting the Stage 1 software put onto one of our new fleet vehicles. 

We believe that offering customers with 1.2TSI vehicles the ability to not only see the impressive before and after Dyno Graphs, but also experience first hand the difference between a Standard and Mapped car with this particular engine, as the difference is quite simply striking. We've even seen better economy figures with our mapped 1.2TSI. 

12tsigraph.png

Dealer quoted figures on this engine are: 110bhp and 129lb/ft

Our vehicle read slightly over this stock with: 112bhp and 147lb/ft

Running a standard 95 Octane Fuel we saw: 134bhp (an increase of 22bhp) and 196lb/ft (an increase of 49lb/ft)

With premium 98 Octane Fuel we saw: 138bhp (an increase of 26bhp) and 202lb/ft (an increase of 55lb/ft). 

Pretty impressive for a 1.2 Litre engine! 

Our price for the APR Stage 1 Software on this engine is £358.80 inc VAT. 

We also include rolling road power runs with all of our APR Remaps. 

Feel free to give us a call on 0161 776 0777 (option 1) if you have any quetsions; would like to book in for a map; or would like to come and see us to experience the software on one of our cars.

Edited by AwesomeAl

This covers the Mk3 Fabia as well yes! 
Ideally to check if one is available for your ECU we would need to know the ECU number and software revision code. 

My mistake on the original figure - Our Ibiza's are the 110ps model, not the 105. 
They are Brand new '65' plate cars. 

Where do you get 98 Octane  Petrol to run the cars with on the Dyno. ?

UK Superunleaded is 97 ron.

or is it 99 ron Tesco Momentum 99 or Shell V-Power Nitro +

As to quoting the Dealer Figures of 110bhp.

That is the Manufactures Official Figures, and it is for many World Regions and is 110ps (Minimum) Just under 108.5 bhp.

So in the UK at below 3,000 ft and pretty good Ambient temperatures you expect to better Minimum as a standard car.

As well if advertising and promoting a product to get these little things correct when given figures.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

Looks good, do you have any other mod's in the pipeline for this engine ? i.e. incoolers and breathing mods ? 

Cheers martin

Not seen anything just yet. I know there are intake kits, silicone hoses etc. available for the older version of the 1.2TSI, but from what I can remember, these have a charge cooler built into the inlet manifold, rather than a traditional Air to Air intercooler which helps keep the pipe run to a minimum what with it being such a small turbo. 

Need something for the new 1.0 TSI :D

Had a couple of people asking about the 1.0TSI. I'll be sure to put this forward to the guys at APR UK and APR LLC. the next time they are planning a Development / Calibration trip over to the UK. 

Do you perhaps have a vehicle we could borrow for this? 

Where do you get 98 Octane  Petrol to run the cars with on the Dyno. ?

UK Superunleaded is 97 ron.

or is it 99 ron Tesco Momentum 99 or Shell V-Power Nitro +

As to quoting the Dealer Figures of 110bhp.

That is the Manufactures Official Figures, and it is for many World Regions and is 110ps (Minimum) Just under 108.5 bhp.

So in the UK at below 3,000 ft and pretty good Ambient temperatures you expect to better Minimum as a standard car.

As well if advertising and promoting a product to get these little things correct when given figures.

Figures are based on the American Octane ratings of 91 AKI Octane (Equivalent to 95RON) and 93 AKI Octane (Equivalent to 98RON). 

During Development for the 98RON software, we always air on the safe side and use a standard 97RON Super Unleaded. 

With regards the whole '110PS / 108BHP' Thing, we kept things simple as a strong 95+% of our customers will refer to their car as the '110 horsepower' version and we don't want to go confusing people by mixing our figures (i.e. some PS and some BHP). 

Thanks for checking though :)

Have you had anyone along yet with an All New 2015/16 1.2 TSI Fabia to check the ECU and are you going to be able to do the remap via the OBD Port or is it going to be necessary to remove and open the ECU?

Have you remapped one yet to Stage 1?

Have you cracked the MK3 VRS 2016 yet?

Yep, The latest ECU type has been done since November. 

Direct port mapping, no requirements for ECU Removal. 

Have you had anyone along yet with an All New 2015/16 1.2 TSI Fabia to check the ECU and are you going to be able to do the remap via the OBD Port or is it going to be necessary to remove and open the ECU?

Have you remapped one yet to Stage 1?

We have indeed. Late last week we had an older fella in with a 1.2TSI Estate last week fresh from the local dealership. 

Lovely car to be fair! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK

My car is coming up to 3 years old

Imagine I have a remap and 6months down the line the engine goes pop?

Skoda aren't going to want to know,would there be any help at all from you guys?

Everything that we do in the remaps is completely safe and if your engine was to go pop, it'd be absolutely nothing to do with the remap. 
We stand by the software that we provide and the work that we do, but we do not cover anything that is not at fault of ourselves. 

Regards, AL. 
Awesome Ltd. 

And therein lies the problem

AFAIK the 1.2tsi isn't an unreliable engine as such, but there are timing chain issues with older models

Saying your map didn't cause it is one thing (and you're probably right) but I can bet every penny I own I know what Skoda will blame it on

Which could leave the end user high and dry with a huge repair bill

Not trying to stir trouble here BTW as I would love this doing but every remap anywhere has certain risks I suppose

• Like 1