1.2 TSI Remap

Hi Guy's

I am sure its been asked before, but does anybody know if there is a remap for the new 1.2TSI engine ? If so what power gains can you expect ? 

I spoke to Revo and they said that they were in the final stages of testing their map and it should be available soon. 

Cheers

Martin

What's a 'remap' please?

In simple terms the engine software (mapping) is overwritten or altered to enable it to produce more bhp. It needs to be done in a controlled way to ensure the engine and ancillary components are not stressed leading to premature failiure.

Manufacturers are often conservative with their software tuning giving scope for companies like Revo to "remap" the engines.

Regards Bob

Hi Guy's

I am sure its been asked before, but does anybody know if there is a remap for the new 1.2TSI engine ? If so what power gains can you expect ? 

I spoke to Revo and they said that they were in the final stages of testing their map and it should be available soon. 

Cheers

Martin

Hello.

Mine has said remap on it, at the fly its 140 ish I need to get the graph from them they used my car as a test car for the mapping, looking at the APR link the figures are not far of those TBH. 

Its really improved the car, the did 3 maps for 95/97/99 Ron, I have left the car on the 95ron. 

Michael at revo is on here with his bonkers Oct mk3 Vrs and he certainly knows his stuff.

If you want to have a go I am in northampton as well so its not a problem.

:)

Edited by RS939

In simple terms the engine software (mapping) is overwritten or altered to enable it to produce more bhp. It needs to be done in a controlled way to ensure the engine and ancillary components are not stressed leading to premature failiure.

Manufacturers are often conservative with their software tuning giving scope for companies like Revo to "remap" the engines.

Regards Bob

Thanks Bob!

Wondering how much could they squeeze out from 1.2 TSI 90bhp.

BTW. Have read an article where they have tested brand new 1.2 tsi 90bhp fabia III on dyno and the result they got was 106 bhp. Pretty impressive. Fabia got second place throughout tested cars with 18% result above declared power.

Sorry. That was 103 bhp so +14%.

Though still good result regarding some cars listed there were underpowered.

Article is from Polish magazine "Auto swiat" but i supose it was tested by Germans as most of their articles are translated from "Auto bild".

post-129432-0-08247800-1457695270_thumb.png

Hello.

Mine has said remap on it, at the fly its 140 ish I need to get the graph from them they used my car as a test car for the mapping, looking at the APR link the figures are not far of those TBH. 

Its really improved the car, the did 3 maps for 95/97/99 Ron, I have left the car on the 95ron. 

Michael at revo is on here with his bonkers Oct mk3 Vrs and he certainly knows his stuff.

What power did yours make before the re-mapp ? I will take mean to Revo as soon as the mapp is available (and i have got my car) I read about that mad VRS, doesn't it have 400 BHP ? 

That would be good to have a ride in one thats been mapped. Where a bouts in northampton do you live ? 

What power did yours make before the re-mapp ? I will take mean to Revo as soon as the mapp is available (and i have got my car) I read about that mad VRS, doesn't it have 400 BHP ? 

That would be good to have a ride in one thats been mapped. Where a bouts in northampton do you live ? 

I cant remember the power Michael will send me over the dyno graph but around 137/140 ish... I will message you about meeting up. :) 

Hello.

Sorry been away for a few days.

martinjell - I think you have already been in touch with our support department, if you pop them a quick email then we can get a suitable date/time for you to come over and get your ECU ID and we can then advise further.

• Like 1

Sorry been away for a few days.

martinjell - I think you have already been in touch with our support department, if you pop them a quick email then we can get a suitable date/time for you to come over and get your ECU ID and we can then advise further.

Hi

I am still waiting for my car to be delivered, expecting it in 6 weeks time. But as soon as i get it i will let you guys know so we can get it booked in :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a RaceChip Pro2 (plugin tune chip), and that definitely made a difference. I have not been able to get dyno readings from before and after, but the car feels much more lively after the installation, both on torque on lower revs and during acceleration on highers revs. Installation of the box is plug-n-play, and can be done in 15 minutes.

Edited by the_raz

I just got a RaceChip Pro2 (plugin tune chip), and that definitely made a difference. I have not been able to get dyno readings from before and after, but the car feels much more lively after the installation, both on torque on lower revs and during acceleration on highers revs. Installation of the box is plug-n-play, and can be done in 15 minutes.

I have just had a look on their website, it would be good to see the results if you ever get it on a Dyno! 

• 2 weeks later...

That RaceChip sounds great. Given it's plug and play and easily removed.

My own concerns are how much of an increase in insurance premiums there would be. Also, more importantly, if Skoda would then deem the three-year warranty void.

That RaceChip sounds great. Given it's plug and play and easily removed.

My own concerns are how much of an increase in insurance premiums there would be. Also, more importantly, if Skoda would then deem the three-year warranty void.

Im sure that Skoda would void the warranty on the Engine, if you left it on when the car went to the dealers  :nerd:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wondering how much could they squeeze out from 1.2 TSI 90bhp.

BTW. Have read an article where they have tested brand new 1.2 tsi 90bhp fabia III on dyno and the result they got was 106 bhp. Pretty impressive. Fabia got second place throughout tested cars with 18% result above declared power.

In comparison about 2yrs ago I had a 1998 Polo 6n 1.4 16v and it was 100bhp, went like hell. Ok it was a 1.4 but no turbo and nearly twenty years old.   

Update: I have been running with the RaceChip now for nearly 4 months and several thousand miles. I haven driven myself, and with full load of family and stuff. Up to legal speeds in Finland (120 kmh), the car just nicely accelerates, and keeps the speed without any problem. No major impact (at least not negative) on fuel economy either after the inital fun wore off. I run the car on ~40% ethanol (the car won't accept any higher part without engine light on) and I just love the car. Of course  I will not take on a Porsche in a race, but day-to-day driving is really effortless. And when you need to accelerate, it responses. So well spent 249 € as far as I am concernced!!

Another update: today I took the time to see if there was more to get by changing the settings in the RaceChip, and yes, there was. I was able to dial it up 6 (or 7 steps), and still no CEL light. So now I am even more happy with the purchase.