No TMC (traffic) info

Hi all

Did our first longish trip in our S3 over last weekend.

On the way home from Kent, we were following the satnav (Columbus) and were a bit surprised to find the M25 had been closed - anticlockwise just before the M1 exit that we needed - but no mention of it on the Columbus and no attempt to re-route.

When I pressed the "Traffic" button, there were no traffic reports at all, and the "TMC" logo was struck through. This suggests no TMC info was being received.

I kept checking for the remaining 200 miles or so of the journey, and it was the same all the way.

Anyone else had this ?

Is there something I have to enable ?

Or maybe there was a problem with TMC data being broadcast.

Cheers

Had this the other morning when I left home. I usually do a quick check of traffic via this before I leave.

It was blank with TMC struck through.

About half hour into my journey it cleared and started to work.

me too have Columbus, but just because bigger screen

any built in navigation can be compared with online navigation.

on longer(unknown area) trips i use two in same time - Google.Nav + Waze, for daily routes Waze on Samsung Note4

My only complaint with the Columbus navigation is the traffic avoidance, it's next to useless. My Tomtom was far superior in this respect. The Columbus is far quicker though...

If you go into a poor VHF coverage area and your radio cannot detect Classic FM then TMC will drop. As others have noted it is often very wrong on its updates and has a 30 minute update cycle anyway. My Garmin has DAB traffic in it which updates every 30 secs and is usually very good.....as long as it can find a DAB signal (no problem around here though).

• Like 1