vehicle body work check by dealer

EvoT

Can someone tell me when the dealer checks the'' body work corrosion protection'' ? mine has been main dealer serviced since new and the relevent pages have never been ticked or stamped I suppose its my fault really for not asking when i pick up the car, but I have assumed that it 'was' checked with the service and never asked and I can't find any info in the service book to say it needs to be booked in or asked for at the same time as the service?

Yes I know 'never assune a +++ dam thing'

At my first (variable) service I was told it was done as part of the service. (And yes, I know that can mean all things to all men). If the car is always serviced by a Skoda dealer in accordance with the recommended schedule I think it is a reasonable presumption that you've upheld your end of the agreement - after all for many of us we assume that all the servicing has been done correctly but can't/don't feel a need to check this. I guess it becomes a problem if the car is serviced other than at a Skoda dealer so there is nothing on Skoda's records and then it might be necessary or prudent to book it in for an annual inspection to maintain the bodywork warranty.

Thanks for the info chaps, i will contact the dealer next week now that i have some good advice on it :clap:

It was part of the 2 Year 'Inspection / Major Service',  but the page with Minor and Major Services show it.

The Body Inspection should be done and the book written up, but then the books went.

As it was many main dealers had the 'Body Work / Paint / Corrosion / damage inspection done by someone with a hand held computer'.

Best go to any Volkswagen Group Main Dealers that were servicing and not doing the Body Work Inspection and putting on the Computer System or filling in the Service Manual and ask why.

Ask in writing and ask for a reply in writing, then you have something for Skoda UK Customer Services if you ever need to make a Warranty Claim on Body / Corrosion or Paint issues.