Removing dealer stickers

Aspman

I always remove dealers sticker form any car I have.

1/ They're in my view in the back window

2/ If they want to advertise on my car they can pay me for the priviledge

But the one on the Mazda I cannot get off at all.

It's quite brittle and picking at the corners only breaks off little mm sized crumbs.

It's not even all that close to the bottom of the window so it's in my bleedin view.

Any tips for getting theses feckin things off?

Heat from Hair dryer first then Stanley Blade.

Or maybe just pull into supplying dealership and ask the Sales Executives to go get some one to remove it and clean the glass if they 

would like you as a returning customer in the future.

The Dealer Principal can surely spare 10 minutes to get real and down with the customers that keep him / her in a job.

• Like 1

Heat will soften up the adhesive, as George says hair dryer will do the trick.

I agree with you, all advertising is removed from all new cars.

• Like 2

Hair dryer sounds like first port of call then.

Did consider stanley /razor blade but it's over some of the heating elements so I'd be worried about damaging them.

Dealer isn't just round the corner so not worth the trek. Plus mechanics turn into monkeys with lump hammers when they get crappy jobs like that.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

If there's any on when I take car away, I remove them . If none on car when I buy it, I advise dealer  I don't want any added. Same principle- no free advertising on my cars ..

To date I've not had any added stickers.

Mate of mine had a near meltdown at Arnold Clark. He was having bother with his car so it was in and out quite a lot.

He took the stickers off and every time it went in they put them back on, no matter what he said.

Ended up with him shouting at some AC staff in the carpark to stop putting effing stickers on his car.

Taught him not to go there, plus the car was a lemon (Fiat Bravo).

It might be a lie, 

but a close friend told me he once had a box of ARNOLD CLARK stickers which he 'found' and these were applied to many cars 

in a Salvage Yard, then photgraphed and put online with the caption 'ARNOLD CLARK' QUALITY USED CARS.

Seemingly there was a Head Sales Executive getting really peeved when he came out of his mistresses flat and often there would be an 

ARNOLD CLARK sticker across the Windscreen in front of the driver and passengers seat.

Maybe just a lie though.

The 1st Billionaire Car Dealer in the UK.

'Never got where he is without a sticker going on every vehicle sold'.

post-86161-0-66239200-1462873340_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-89454400-1462873351_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoneOffSKi

I hate the stickers, I'm afraid to any dealer reading this - I will always peel them off.

One dealer offered to make up private plates with a recent car purchase and we declined simply because we didn't want to advertise them on the bottom!

I'm sure my father used Nitro Mors to get one of those infernal crumbly stickers off the back of an Omega window once.

Edited by g_tee

I took mine off a couple of weeks ago.  They were the originals so like yours were very brittle and only came off in tiny pieces.  I have some lovely woodworking tools and as a result some super sharp chisels.  I carefully used one of these, taking my time and being very aware that one slip would cause me no end of grief.  Once the sticker was off, I used a bit of white spirit on a microfibre cloth to clean off the remaining sticky stuff.  I did this for the rear window, side windows and the windscreen and all is well.  If you have a steady hand it works a treat, as does a sharp chisel.

Or as MidWalesVRS said, a Stanley bad would be another option.

Edited by skinnyman

Not only dealer stickers but I generally hate all manufactures labels on my cars, wish my Golf didn't have the stupid great VW emblems TBH.

I debage lots of things if they will come off with no residual damage :)

Number plates and the horrid holders too.

The number plates don't bother me.

TBH I thought it was  legal requirement now for plates to detail the printer.

The number plates don't bother me.

TBH I thought it was  legal requirement now for plates to detail the printer.

It is. Name and postcode IIRC

I take off the dealer stickers to, don't like them and they are never put in straight.

Hyundai dealers my dad got his santa fes from before the eco crash kiled off that dealership used to put their website sticker on the paintwork umder the back window... as individual letters :( a proper ball ache getting it off the second one.. they were told after that if thet ever did it again, their entire office would be found one day completely wrapped in the stickers...

• Like 1