Octavia iii 2015 1.6 tdi cam belt intervals?

Hello I'm wondering if anyone knows the actual official intervals for the cam belt change on the mk3 octavia 1.6 tdi elegance.

I was a little suprised last week when i asked at my local dealer and he said 65 ,75 ,or 85k i guess he didnt know he was on the parts and accessories desk he far from filled me with confidence in his answer.

It's a little confusing as the 2015 car didnt come with a service book i guess its all on the key now the same as the new vw's?

I've found a few very varying figures online some say 140k others 220k.. but as a rule of my own i dont think i would ever risk going beyond 100k,

Sorry if this has already been asked ☺

Most of the VW cambelts are longlife these days. So yes is over 100k miles.

Service records are held on the service database, nothing on the key yet.

Maybe contact Skoda customer services or another dealer if you want a clear answer.

Apparently most cambelt failures occur within the first 1000 miles of being fitted/replaced. If you get past that milestone they will very likely last the life of the car  Modern cambelts are Kevlar reinforced and will probably outlive every other wearable part within the car. I wouldn't risk replacing one unless the car was already being taken apart for a major rebuild.

Belts usually don't have a defined service interval & are not included in the official major/minor or special servicing plan.

Normally the service instruction to the dealer is to "visually inspect" the belt for signs of wear.

The rest is dependant on dealer you have when they recommend to replace it.

From the Maintenance Schedule as provided by Skoda (Jan 2015) the toothed belt for common rail Diesel engines should be replaced every 210000 kms.

From the same Schedule for the 1.2, 1.4 TSI and 1.6 MPI the belt should be inspected at 240000 kms and thereafter every 30000 kms.

VW/Audi/Skoda in Australia on their maintenance sheet covering all models say that all belts be changed at 105000 kms, touting for business methinks.

I will be inspecting my belt as required by Skoda and ignoring VW/Audi/Skoda Australia as to be honest I would not want them messing with my engine, for example I just had 30000 kms service done by them and when I got home checked the engine oil and they had overfilled it by 1 cm on dipstick which was over 3/4 litre - not very good.

Regards

Roger

I have been back to skoda after picking it up from a service i asked a different admin guy he said skoda recommends 50k miles or 5yrs to cover themself then its up to you.. so maybe thats why he said 65-85k

I think i would feel a bit safer to do it around 100k, 200k would very very risky if they snap they do unreal damage to a engine a mate of mines went on his citreon berlingo taxi a few month back it cost him 3k to fix it he did about 20k more miles after then his engine died, He had constant problems.

Cozza

Ask the admin guy you spoke to at Skoda where he gets his information from to offer the recommendations he has given you re belt change.

I can only reiterate what I have quoted in my post from the maintenance schedule produced by Skoda who manufacture the cars.

Where in Cumbria are you? I am originally from Northumberland, came to Oz in 2005.

My Octavia Estate 1.4 103 TSI with travel pack cost the equivalent of around 11000 GB pounds which is a bit cheaper than UK price. 16 months old now, 32000 kms runs as good as new very pleased with it. Once warranty has expired I will service it myself, keep it till it falls apart, hopefully at least 8 years and 240000 kms +

Regards

Roger