Highest mileage VRS

Ours is a 2011 and has recently clocked up 50k. Mrs T still loves it but I expect it will be replaced in the next 12 months for something a little more comfortable; a Polo GTI is my favourite at the moment but Mrs T likes the Nissan Juke!

• Like 1

Just seen one on auto trader at 98k and am thinking of going to look at it. Any thoughts on things to look over. Will any updates like the breather pipe be noted in the service book.

The print out that a Skoda Dealership or Skoda UK Customer services can provide will show Service & Warranty history they know of.

If @ 98,000 miles there are plenty things to check like the condition of Suspension, brakes, exhaust, steering and what maintenance or replacements have been done and if rust has started any place, top of doors at window rubbers etc.

?

What age is the 98,000 mile vRS?

If the engine was rebuilt or replaced between 2011-2014 under Manufacturers Warranty that will be on the system, as will Breather Pipe / Software update so best check.

Plenty cars show higher mileages but the engine fitted can be lower mileage.

My old Fabia is coming up for 7 years old & still in the family, it  has never been raced or rallied (well not much) but properly abused.

Lowish miles and does 37 mpg as an average over the past 6 years, only used oil when a demonstrator and with the first private owner, & twice since when driven short distances after oil changes with a very careful driver & it was not getting a good thrashing.

DSCN2348.JPG

DSCN2344.JPG

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

Mine is coming up to 70k, so I'm intrigued as to how it will perform with higher miles on it.

Due a service soon too, so it will no doubt do it some good.

• Like 1