Fabia vRS performance with Bluespark tuning box

Hi guys,

Finally got my Bluespark working correctly (my boost sensor plug was slightly damaged) and have been checking the performance out. I thought someone might find it useful if they were thinking of buying their own.

2011 Fabia vRS

Tyres upgraded to Rainsport 3's (215/40/17)

Rear bumper weights removed

Bluespark box (setting 5)

All times set on pivate road.

0-60 6.8-6.9s

30-50 2.2-2.4s

40-60 2.3-2.6s

50-70 3.0-3.3s

30-70 5.5-5.7s

Not sure how this stacks up to standard yet, what do you think?

Pretty good except the 0-60 time.   Where you in 'D' or 'S' or shifting manually, and was TC off?

Is that 0-60 & not 0-62?    

It is a bit slower than you get with a Stage 1 CAVE.    You would expect that from a Standard CAVE on Super Unleaded.

Its all a mix of modes, tc on and off, different days, times, fuel loads, temperatures etc. I wanted to show what you could reasonably expect outside of a dragstrip in less than ideal conditions. The road surface is not fantastic, and its hard to launch the car without wheelspin. To be honest its only quicker from 3rd gear onwards.

Have you tried not using the foot brake or gear changes.

Put in Manual 1, TC off, hold it on the hand brake not foot brake.

Floor it and do not change gear, just let it change up even though in 'Manual'. 

you should be over 100 mph in 4th quite quick on that private road.  Worth timing that.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

Understood.

If you are trying to see how the Performance is without a rolling start the only difference of holding it from moving with the handbrake is it eliminates the loss of power / drive that some experience as you release the foot brake and then accelerate.

It is putting no extra strain on the dsg and does no damage, but then if in doubt you are right not to.

Edited by GoneOffSKi

I have a 2010 CAVE with stage 1 remap (211bhp) and using an APP for IOS called Dynolicious have done a couple of timed runs.

Best times -

0-60 - 6.05secs

0-90 - 11.98secs (not on a public highway....)

This was in auto (S) TC on and no holding on the brakes, just flooring it from standstill.

What are you using for the timing?

The Dynolicious APP is great value and really good.

I'll have to get that App, I looked for ages to find one reputable.

Sadly performance increases will have to wait until I get the damage fixed on my car thanks to some silly woman who didn't look/indicate when pulling out on a dual carriageway  :dull:

I used a gps timing app and also torque Pro for timing via the OBD (using the ecu reported speed). I did lots of runs in different conditions, these are not my lowest times simply where most of the results were clustered. I put the statistical outliers down to the apps not being 100% consistent.

I knew someone would say that, I checked the reported speed against gps speed many times. Its with 1mph to 60mph and within 2mph to 80mph. That's also why I put a time range instead of a something specific with decimal places. So many factors can affect the times you are unlikely to get the exact same result every time anyway. Just because someone gets 0-60 in 5.907s once does not mean that they ever will again, or the exact same conditions.

• 5 months later...

Have you tried into 1st in Manual, no foot on brake just hand brake and let it off and floor it and do not change gear until you need to go to 5th,

know across to 'D' as you have it giving it laldy in 4th.

Just force it to do the changes to 2nd, 3rd and 4th without you changing,  TC off.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Got in a decent run on a private road and got some good data. Car as it was in OP with the exception of GFB DV+. 

0-60 in 6.3

1/4 mile in 14.8@98mph

(30)2.8(40)3.6(50)5.0(60)6.3(70)8.1(80)10.0(90)12.1(100)15.3

(30-50)2.2(50-70)3.1(30-70)5.3

(40-60)2.7(60-80)3.7(60-100)9.0

(80-100)5.3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElectricalVRS said:

Huh? 6.6 is something I get with my standard CTHE vrs. You're sure your tuning chip is on?

Yep, tested with it off and definitely slower. The CAVE engines are known to dyno lower than the CTHE, something like a 15 horsepower difference. When I test my cars they are just as I drive them, no special preparation at all, just pull up and go. No messing about with traction control or special tricks, and the times are set on a road, with less than ideal surface. 

Yep, just stopped for a few seconds then went. I know full well that it's not the fastest way to do it, but here's my reasoning. I want to know what the car will do, in the real world, on real roads and less than ideal conditions without having to mess about with settings. If a car can run 14.0 at a drag strip with no back seats, slicks and the rest of it it doesn't reflect real world performance. 

Fair enough, and it lets you know what you can get, but even a little wheel spin can have the power cut and that wheel spin is quite likely with a Tuning box, 

but then just as possible without.

A CAVE with TMC or Blue Spark Tuning Box & on 99 ron can run 0-62 in 6.1 seconds with good tyres and TC off, you have around 205BHP.

(Weights off the back.) Not on a Drag Strip just from stopping and flooring the throttle in 'D'.

Something else that can slow them is going from the foot brake to throttle compared to just holding on the hand brake and letting it off.

If you are timing with TC on you might as well time back to back with it off.

Edited by Awayoffski

It's really hard to launch with no wheel spin, so I imagine a bit of power is going to be cut doing it this way. I thought about tying the TC off to the kickdown switch for a laugh but don't fancy seeing the wrong side of a ditch. I'm pretty happy with the performance, the launch can always be better but the 98mph trap speed shows it is making decent power. My old 250hp Audi 2.0 turbo only trapped at 99 so it's not bad for a 1.4 

Edited by FlexibleMouse