Difference in ride height left & right side O3 Scout

BGB

Naturally the car is meassured on a leveled ground and with all tires extremely precised filled with air.

Rear left wheel arch to ground is 725mm
Rear right wheel arch to ground is 734mm

A slight difference in the front as well. My wife actually pointet out that the car looked crooked when parked in a mall garage. I know that Octavias have different weight certifications and other people has had the same problem. However as an enthusiast I can not live with this. My dealership is looking into it.

Anyone else experienced this on their Octavia 3 on stock suspension? I test meassured a couple of others Octavias and they to had this issue.

Edit: New car, picked it up in february and only has 3100km (1920 miles) on the clock.

Edited by Gizmo68
commas removed as requested

Got an e-mail from the dealership today saying that from the center of the hub to the wheel arch the nominal height should be 411mm give or take 10mm. My car is within that distance but not equal on both sides. This difference in height the dealership measured on their cars on the showroom floor as well, an is normal. At least they say so.

In addition to that issue I found out that the whole complete rear suspension is ca 1cm to the right, in other words not at the center of the car. Standing behind the car you can clearly see both wheels with suspension is a little bit to the right. So next friday the dealership will take the car in and do an alignment and measure the suspension in the rear.

0.9mm difference! Seriously?

I´m terrible sorry, typo!

No comma, it should say 725mm (72,5cm) and 734mm (73,4cm) which means almost 1 cm difference, 9mm difference to be exact.

• Like 1

Not a 'Gangsta lean' like you get with Suzuki Jimny's.  more like a car set up to drive on roads with a camber not on flat / horizontal surfaces.

When it comes to the steering wheel on one side, some cars like right hand drive have the exhaust on the other side.

Then when driving there is always a driver behind the wheel,  not always passengers though.

It's those pesky heavyweight steering wheels, mess up the weight distribution something rotten they do. :yes: Seriously though, what about the fuel tank? Is that weight evenly distributed?

I actually dont know where the fuel tank is on 4x4 O3´s, but I bet this is not the problem. Every other vehicle have the same issue with weight distribution and are dead correct on all corners.

Not a 'Gangsta lean' like you get with Suzuki Jimny's.  more like a car set up to drive on roads with a camber not on flat / horizontal surfaces.

When it comes to the steering wheel on one side, some cars like right hand drive have the exhaust on the other side.

Then when driving there is always a driver behind the wheel,  not always passengers though.

The difference is measured when the car is empty, and in my case the 1.8TSI has double exhaust, one on each side.