Super ROWI SEAL tyres Greenline

Hi

Skoda Superb III Greenline has Super ROWI SEAL tyres (no tyre repair kit).

Could you explain what exactly mean  SEAL,  and why the do not provide tyre repair kit?   Is it self-sealing tyres?

• 1 year later...

I've just had to ask my service dealer (not the supply dealer as they are 100's of miles away) about why there is no emergency kit in the car. Lease company similarly perplexed, but did some phoning round and came to this answer. Skoda really should add something to the owners manual section e.g. "emergency inflation kit does not apply to cars fitted with super ROWI tyres". 

• 9 months later...

I've had some issues with the nearside front over the weekend, the tyre pressure warning light came up and I added air on Saturday, then it came on again on Monday and I topped up the air again. Today (Tuesday) I took it in for a check.

-

Just back from ATS where I've had the nearside front tyre changed. They seemed quite amazed by the tyre and damage - there was a screw in the tread but it had caused a lot of internal damage. The gunge that lines these tyres seemed to have partly sealed the hole but wasn't holding completely. Given that I do a lot of motorway driving, I'm quite relieved it seems to have saved me from a blow-out. 

So moral of the story, if you've got these tyres and they are losing pressure, take it to a tyre fitter ASAP.