EA 189 LATEST NEWS

Ah, cheers for that it has put my mind at ease now! will be avoiding it being done and when it goes in for servicing i will be quite clear that I do not want that action performed! Cheers :thumbup:

to all people reading this, DON'T DO IT! it takes torque off your car at low revs and it runs injectors at 100% pressure at all times. In some cases EGR and injectors are gone within days. I had my update done without even asking for it when i went to the dealer to get an injector replaced. The update it's irreversible (as in the dealer won't do it). Now the car is sluggish and a bit noisier.

9 minutes ago, Bertie90 said:

The update it's irreversible (as in the dealer won't do it).

It's possible to get flash files directly from VAG to downgrade the ECU to a pre-fix version.

However, it depends what ECU you have as not all have older software versions in such an easily available format.

yes of course and who has to upload them on to the ECU? The dealer won't do it as I asked Skoda UK CS team and they said no. Like most people I'm just an average joe, i don't have the techno or skills to do such things.

Do you have the paperwork, the consent form you never filled in, the paperwork that The Fix was done.

You will get the 2 year warranty if VW Group do introduce it, and as it is the Dealership took the Pith and you can take actions against them, 

the VW assurances of no changes and loss of power, increased economy etc is proving to be fiction.

so i signed that the fix was done, but i never filled anything prior or told them verbally. They did give me a 2 year warranty on the EGR and injectors. Obviously if serviced by Skoda or dealers that use genuine parts. catch 22 as i was planning to service it myself going forward. Now it means I have to pay £100+ every time and £340 for a major service to have it done properlly so i can cover my ass in case an EGR or injector goes bust because of the fix...

Also if they admit no changes in the performance, consumption etc why haven't they done it in the first place???

You do not have to pay anything like £340.

Service to Schedule / Guidelines.

Fixed Oil & Filter change intervals, rip off dealership prices are not part of the EU Free market laws.

I would be pushing for 2 free services off that Dealership, they went over what they can do to earn money from the VW Group doing 'The Fix'.

Stealers.

Edited by Awayoffski

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 13:46, Bertie90 said:

to all people reading this, DON'T DO IT! it takes torque off your car at low revs and it runs injectors at 100% pressure at all times. In some cases EGR and injectors are gone within days. I had my update done without even asking for it when i went to the dealer to get an injector replaced. The update it's irreversible (as in the dealer won't do it). Now the car is sluggish and a bit noisier.

I suggest you contact your MP and International Vehicle Standards division of DVSA re lack of consent. There have been a fair number of VWs that it has happened to and suspicions are growing that it is not dealers making a mistake. On the Facebook group, The Volkswagen Diesel Customer Forum (Emissions Scandal), they are logging occurrences of this and EGR failures etc following the fix. And there is no way they are touching my little 1.2 Greenline.

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

As well to have your experience passed on to 'Rip off Britain' if some chancer dealership is getting paid for doing The Fix without permission.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/434714-emmisions-fix-and-rip-off-britain 

I suspect dealers are getting bonuses to maximize the number of cars fixed if there is any truth that VAG will get fined if they dont reach some Euro/KBA target. Leopards dont change their spots

No I was only guessing about bonuses - could be penalties, but the dealers seem to be slipping in the software fix with other service activities, sticking paperwork in front of customers at regular services and getting them to sign for things without reading, and inviting people in for free "checks". It is all feeling a bit too underhand and devious. I cannot see how VW can penalise dealers without first having made some up front offer to get the fixes installed. They have to be able to penalise or deduct from something. This is not the normal sales bonus environment. I expect we shall find one day.

Car dealership are not the property of the Volkswagen Group, they have Owners and Shareholders and surely Chris Grayling MP as the Transport Secretary & the Transport Select Committee will be looking into the VW Groups behaviour in the UK, the use of the Call Centre Staff that have ignored Registered Keepers requests to be left alone and various other things like Dealerships or Agents for the VW Group misleading vehicles Owners or Keepers and carrying out work as if it is just a normal 'Software Update' as customers sign to accept when

putting cars in for Servicing.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/425399-have-you-had-a-call-from-03451126607-emission-related 

Edited by Awayoffski

The first thing I read today new post from the FB group: 

"Please could I have some advice
I had the remap done at the end of May (I thought at the time it was compulsory)
It then went in for an ERG replacement 5 days later - free of charge 
I've had it back for just a week and have a problem with the temperature with it going from cold to hot in under 10 minutes
At first there was an air lock sorted out by the AA but now it's got water but still doing it
The dealer doesn't want it back and is fobbing me off with the AA
Any ideas - it's a 2010 Seat Leon 1.6 
Thank you"

Pretty typical, customers led into believing it is a requirement, car running ok beforehand, gets the "fix", then the same day or a couple of days later the lights come on, limp mode and "I am afraid you need a new EGR" or similar. Still, at least there is a lower frequency of customers having to pay for the subsequent repairs. Early victims had to pay the lot, then 10% or the charge for reading the faults. And a lot of the victims are female, with kids in the back on short runs when it goes into limp mode or stalls completely. And IVS refuse to accept, so far, it is a safety issue. Grayling is under more pressure to get the illegal NOx levels down than worry about occasional, hopefully "unrelated" accidents.

He will change his mind when a juggernaut ploughs into the back of a stalled VW Sharan 2.0 DTI in lane 2 of a motorway and pulverizes the 5 toddlers in the back.

Briskoda members have been posting since the news broke in the US in September 2015 and been following ever move since so as good as facebook might be 

you might learn something here on the 2nd version of the thread and maybe the 1st is available someplace and the dozens of other threads since.

If members do not know the issues then they were either not interested or not bothered or not that bright, or not able to google or read.

(there are no guide dogs for the stupid.)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/379540-emissions-scandal-thread-v2 

Edited by Awayoffski

6 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

Briskoda members have been posting since the news broke in the US in September 2015 and been following ever move since so as good as facebook might be 

you might learn something here on the 2nd version of the thread and maybe the 1st is available someplace and the dozens of other threads since.

If members do not know the issues then they were either not interested or not bothered or not that bright, or not able to google or read.

(there are no guide dogs for the stupid.)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/379540-emissions-scandal-thread-v2 

Indeed, but I live in the same world as people who were persuaded to purchase a diesel for short drives around cities and I am part of the same society whether I like it or not. I do not have a private air supply. As such I feel obliged to inform them enough to get them interested enough to be bothered and to shout about it. And self interest comes into it. I would quite like to be given the e-Golf as a free exchange

You bought a diesel and it does the same now as when you bought it as you are not having 'The Fix'. It never did the published MPG or Co2 g/km on the road.

It never had the EU Test emissions result Co2  g/km on the road because you drove it differently from the testing, so when you bought it it was what it was, and does not now have the EU Co2 g /km when not in Test Conditionsand neither do other Manufacturers diesel engines unless in a Temperature Controlled Building doing the EU Test Cycles on a rolling road.

http://skoda.co.uk/pages/fuel-consumption-statement.aspx 

16 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

You bought a diesel and it does the same now as when you bought it as you are not having 'The Fix'. It never did the published MPG or Co2 g/km on the road.

It never had the EU Test emissions result Co2  g/km on the road because you drove it differently from the testing, so when you bought it it was what it was, and does not now have the EU Co2 g /km when not in Test Conditionsand neither do other Manufacturers diesel engines unless in a Temperature Controlled Building doing the EU Test Cycles on a rolling road.

http://skoda.co.uk/pages/fuel-consumption-statement.aspx 

Agreed. I suspect the test figures for CO2 in the tests for the 1.2 eco versions were fiddled anyway. Just before it was announced that there was to be CO2 retesting in November 2015? models carrying that engine were dropped quickly, to the surprise of the auto press, and therefore did not need the retest. I wonder why? Actually, I  can guess and just yesterday Angela did a bit of damage limitation re KBA collusion. Plenty more **** to hit the fan:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germany-emissions-idUKKBN19I0X7

Just now, WestWalesAndy said:

Agreed. I suspect the test figures for CO2 in the tests for the 1.2 eco versions were fiddled anyway. Just before it was announced that there was to be CO2 retesting in November 2015? models carrying that engine were dropped quickly, to the surprise of the auto press, and therefore did not need the retest. I wonder why? Actually, I  can guess and just yesterday Angela did a bit of damage limitation re KBA collusion. Plenty more **** to hit the fan:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-germany-emissions-idUKKBN19I0X7

Actually the reason I want to change is that my personal circumstances re multiple car choice unexpectedly changed after ordering the car and before delivery - so it was already the wrong car when I picked it up. That's life, but if I can get a free exchange on the back of it, why not? No ethics in motoring between manufacturer and customer any more as VW have clearly proved.

The VW Group are Buying Back 'some' Affected vehicles in 2 German towns that took them to court and VW lost and are not appealing the Courts decision.

That should open the floodgate on other Class Actions.

The Solicitors in England working with one in the Netherlands only can Represent Owners in England and Wales and not from Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

The VW Group are Buying Back 'some' Affected vehicles in 2 German towns that took them to court and VW lost and are not appealing the Courts decision.

That should open the floodgate on other Class Actions.

The Solicitors in England working with one in the Netherlands only can Represent Owners in England and Wales and not from Scotland.

I know, been tracking all that - signed up with Harcus Sinclair and have fed Sinclair Gordon and Leigh Day with original and isleading sales material - I used to manage and control marketing campaigns for a multinational.

German test cases will help, but class action verboten in Germany, that is why German consumers are signing up with the Dutch and all the national class actions are pooling resources. The snowball is rolling, 200,000+ signed up already. US$30,000 equivalent per customer by right for 8.5 million Europeans simply cannot be allowed to happen, so how will Angela rescue VAG and Bosch? My guess is develop the electric and hybrids and do a long term swap and buy-back deal to minimize the agony for Deutsch Auto. Company cannot go bust or it cannot make amends. So I will put my e-Golf in early.

• 5 months later...

Meh, another 5 years warranty is all I want, since my current retirement driving suits the diesel engine, much much  better, than my previous deeply unsuited but relatively trouble free work related mileage ever did.

The wee, unmodified, unchipped, undoctored, undieselgatefixed, 1.6 is running like a clock at 115,000 miles, & fingers crossed, for a good few miles yet.

Anyway look at the development of synthetic diesel which burns absolutely clean/pollution free.

In existing diesel engines.

Which will still be needed for HGV's and construction plant regardless of lighter vehicles.

Still minded that  VAG management are a bunch of shysters nonetheless.

But then BMW still got Joseph Goebbels propaganda /bloodstock* line going for them, which helps.

P.S.

*Aware that the Quandt pedigree/lineage was actually unsullied by Goebbels genetics, despite their mothers 2nd marriage to Goebbels.

Edited by marcusthehat