New skoda Yeti ll

skoda1982

The new Yeti will definitely be more mainstream to appeal to a larger segment of the population. It started with the facelift when the distinctive round fog lights were replaced by a more generic front end. Skoda can't have a marmite Yeti which you either love or hate, they have to appeal to the maximum number of buyers to maximise sales. Sales maximisation is the target of any mainstream marque and it is incumbent on Skoda to do that and thus maximise returns for shareholders. It all comes down to money. 

Edited by Expatman

45 minutes ago, Expatman said:

.... It all comes down to money. 

You are, of course, quite right, although the Yeti was by no means following fashion when introduced.  Sad, isn't it? 

Possibly predictably, I like Marmite.

• Like 1

It is becoming more Japanese/Korean looking, too much so for my tastes.

Back to Fords for me then?

I wonder if they will spend as much on putting niggling faults right as they

apparently have tarting it up. With government waging war on diesels (well

all private transport) a decent 2.0 petrol engine would be good.

P.S I saw two diesel Royal Enfield Motorcycles single cylinder motorcycles yesterday

that makes three now.

Edited by gumdrop

Not to my taste I'm afraid - which is why I've got a Yeti (Classic) and not one of the clones. I shan't be getting rid of the Yeti for a while yet - 5 year plus is what I'm aiming for - but having seen one around as a taxi I thought I'd play with the configurator for a Dacia Logan MCV (a nice conventional estate but I know no more about it than that). Top of the range with pretty much all the options including rear camera and integrated sat-nav and change from £12,000. Makes you think doesn't it?

My Yeti is coming up to 6 yrs old now ... and as it is a 170bhp version I shall be keeping hold of it a while longer yet!  I wonder if the 'new' ones in 2018-ish will have the Octavia engines of 184bhp? Will be interesting to see what happens for sure else I'll reluctantly have to think about other makes of car :(

Edited by Guest

On 1/27/2017 at 17:08, Paul52 said:

Not to my taste I'm afraid - which is why I've got a Yeti (Classic) and not one of the clones. I shan't be getting rid of the Yeti for a while yet - 5 year plus is what I'm aiming for - but having seen one around as a taxi I thought I'd play with the configurator for a Dacia Logan MCV (a nice conventional estate but I know no more about it than that). Top of the range with pretty much all the options including rear camera and integrated sat-nav and change from £12,000. Makes you think doesn't it?

I'm not keen on the idea of a brand new car in 2017 with only a Three Star NCAP result.  Probably a good deal safer than the old Austin/Rover Metros... they really were unsafe in a crash ... but 3 stars isn't great especially when they say adult occupants are particularly at risk.

The Yeti had then (and has now) a good result, which makes me feel a lot better about being in it.  I've seen a few accidents in my earlier incarnation and some of them do make you think twice.

On 27/01/2017 at 17:55, blackcatgirl said:

My Yeti is coming up to 6 yrs old now ... and as it is a 170bhp version I shall be keeping hold of it a while longer yet!  I wonder if the 'new' ones in 2018-ish will have the Octavia engines of 184bhp? Will be interesting to see what happens for sure else I'll reluctantly have to think about other makes of car :(

For the engine range I would probably look at the current Seat Ateca offerings.  I must say, having taken a closer look at one in the week, I quite like it.  The quality of the interior is up on the Yeti.  Engine wise, they do a 1.4 150bhp TSI in 2wd with a DSG in SE Tech trim.  Exactly what I would have ordered in SE L trim if it was available in a Yeti.

Let's face it, at the end of the day, no one (outside of those that actually know, ie in the Skoda skunkworks) actually knows what Yeti II is going to look like. All of the renderings so far are all guesses based on a Tiguan/Ateca shape with Fabia/Superb/Kodiaq styling cues added in.

Some renderings are like that posted above and there are loads of other similar ones. Some 'camo'd' pics previously posted here were obviously a Tiguan with a different radiator grille - you could see Tiguan seats and dash in the photos. I doubt that Yeti II will actually be an exact copy of the Tiguan right down to the interior and body panels as per those pics. 

Another 'artist's impression' here:

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/new-skoda-yeti-starts-taking-shape-2018.html

Surely, Geneva in March would be the sensible max publicity 'launch' rather than waiting for the April and no major European motor show to exhibit perhaps a new concept that morphs ultimately into Yeti II. In 2009, I had a day out in Geneva at the motor show to see the Yeti launched (and an excellent day out, it was!).

Personally, I don't need bigger and would be interested in the promised baby Yeti if available in four wheel drive (similar concept to the forthcoming VW and Seat variants alongside the Audi Q1).

• Like 1

Photoshop a Kodiaq with 10” taken out of the wheelbase and you won’t be far off I recon, just look at the rest of the range they are all looking the same just slightly larger as the models go up.

I would have thought Frankfurt in September will be the earliest date by which we'll see anything official. Maybe not even then. The facelifted Rapid and Citigo are both scheduled for this year too.

As for the shape and style, I'd be suprised if it didn't share at least a few panels with the Ateca. Probably at least the doors and roofline, but different front and back ends.

Word has it that the next Yeti may build on the as-yet-unreleased Seat Arona, since the Ateca is essentially a Tiguan (albeit it a slightly shorter one) and the Tiguan is a bigger car than the Yeti.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Oykkh said:

IMG_0416.JPG

Good find

I have just compared it to the Seat Ateca and the doors and roofline appear identical.  The front wings also appear to be same.  Obviously the main change is the rear side window which is kodiaq shaped rather than than the tapered version in Seat.

My guess is it will have inside and dashboard from facelifted Octavia or Kodiaq.

Assuming this is new Yeti then it will be longer at 4.36m instead of 4.22m.  Bit bigger than now, but not so stupidly large that it doesn't fit standard parking spaces which in U.K. are minimum 4.8m x 2.4m

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

On 27/01/2017 at 17:08, Paul52 said:

Totaly off topic but I bought my wife a Sandero three years ago. Great car for the money but not in Skoda league for quality or build quality. It is like having a brand new 90's Renault.