Have you had a call from 03451126607? (Emissions related)

Hi,

Received a call from 03451126607 today from someone saying they were calling on behalf of Skoda UK but they were evasive when questioned so I called Skoda UK and it turns out it's the emissions team trying to contact those who have not yet had the update carried out. I am not the first to call them with my concerns!

I asked why, after three letters and two calls from different dealers where Skoda had been informed that at this moment in time I do not wish the emissions update to be carried out, has the penny not dropped? My record has now been updated to show that at present, the emissions update has been declined.

It looks like they are working hard to try and convince us non believers to change our minds :rolleyes:

Edited by Kevlock
Clarity of content - title altered
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kevlock said:

Hi,

Received a call from 03451126607 today from someone saying they were calling on behalf of Skoda UK but they were evasive when questioned so I called Skoda UK and it turns out it's the emissions team trying to contact those who have not yet had the update carried out. I am not the first to call them with my concerns!

I asked why, after three letters and two calls from different dealers where Skoda had been informed that at this moment in time I do not wish the emissions update to be carried out, has the penny not dropped? My record has now been updated to show that at present, the emissions update has been declined.

It looks like they are working hard to try and convince us non believers to change our minds :rolleyes:

Perhaps remind them that they are not permitted to make unsolicited calls.

Maybe like those that call for BT or LLOYDS / TSB etc that say if you push them they are 'Partner Companies', ie Call Centres / Communications / Marketing Companies.

Now as far as the VW Group , VW. Skoda. SEAT & AUDI they have the right to contact Registered Keepers because the UK Government / DfT / DVSA 

have given them 'Registered Keepers Details' for the Voluntary Recall Action, 

No DVSA Safety Recall was called.

But Data Protection will be relevant as to who and how the VW Group UK then handle REGISTERED KEEPERS contact details on computers and pass these on to Contractors they use.

They set up websites, they wrote to Registered Keepers or owners they know from their own Data Base.

They followed up with Phone Calls etc

So any Call Centre Company that gets paid by the number they get to respond to their calls and get 'The Fix' because they are being pestered might raise issues for the VW Group in the UK.

Paul Willis VW UK's CEO says that 20,000 vehicles a week in the UK are having the work carried out. 

?

Is this actually possible in the UK with the Dealership Networks of VW, Skoda, SEAT & Audi and the qualified technicians they have including mobile ones?

PS

I was feed up at one time from constant calls from a Partner Company of a Utilities Company, 

and after many complaints i kept getting calls almost nightly.

As well as sales, there were automated ones on how the sales rep had performed, and how the Customer Services Complaints had performed.

So i called the CEO's home several times late on, emailed him,messaged him on Linkedin etc.

Eventually i did get an apology and i suggest that they improve their security to personal details as their DATA Protection 

was rather questionable.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

I had a very, very long discussion with a lady asking why they passed my details onto another party. It turns out they are working in the same building as the Skoda UK emissions team. They are not employed by Skoda UK but are agency staff as far as I could work out or she would admit to :wall:

The funny thing was that Skoda had my phone number as 01234567890 and she was confused as this is obviously incorrect. When I asked where my number was that they called, it is in another database run by Skoda UK but read only to customer service, apparently entered by dealers.

After more discussion and bleather from Skoda, I am awaiting the contact details for their Data Protection Compliance Officer to discuss things further :biggrin:

• Like 2

So the Skoda Emissions team are in a building, the same building, is that some Call Centre and are Skoda Customer Services now no longer in Milton Keynes but elsewhere.

The ones i have hear of in Leeds that are Skoda Customer Services Call Handlers, Communication Manager or what ever and had some wonderful discussions about 

warranty issues and said, case closed, on your bike. 'Paraphrasing there obviously'.

So the whole fiasco of 'the Fix' and the VW Group keeping owners (Registered Keepers) informed might have VW, Skoda, Audi & SEAT Emissions teams 

gathered together or maybe not, 

BBC WATCHDOG or someone might find out in the end if people have issues or complaints and make them to the BBC Watchdog about VW GROUP Communications, AUTOCAR, WHAT CAR, Auto Express or the likes will probably not bother.

The Westminster MP's on the Transport Select Committee might take some interest.

Found this on "Honest John". He had previously been advising owners NOT to have the fix done. Seems to have changed his mind! I'll NOT be having mine fixed as the mention of DPF and/or SCR systems having to work harder worries me!!!

I had a meeting with Volkswagen engineers from Wolfsburg yesterday and it's all much clearer now. The reason for the delays and some of the problems last year was the development process of the software for something like 1000 different engine, transmission and vehicle combinations. 250,000 kilometres were driven to get test parameters for 1000 vehicles then in developing the software a further 8,000,000 kilometres were driven and final approval of the last software update was not received from the German KBA until 13th December 2016. With the new software the engine has to produce the same power and torque as before with the same fuel economy and the same CO2 emissions. Reducing the NOx emissions means increasing the soot emissions which means the DPF and/or SCR system has to work harder, using more fuel. But using today's technology rather than the technology of ten years ago it has been possible to improve the fuel economy of the engines sufficiently to cover the fuel used by the DPF. The answer is, from what I gathered, it is now okay to get the software fix.

Dave

15 hours ago, Kevlock said:

:@ Guess who called again today? :@

I think the poor girls ears are still ringing!

Just possibly, they've got the message now. Some of these call centers are slow learners. Report them to Offcom next time. 

How ironic if Paul Willis CEO VW UK is right and the VW Group did nothing illegal with Defeat Devices & then the VW Group are found to have done lots wrong with a Contractor they use and they made hundreds of thousands of nuisance calls

& the penalty for that is greater than the couple of million quid that the VW Group are bunging the UK Government on the drip for 'Testing'.

Are they employing more call handlers than technicians?

Edited by Awayoffski