2017 Another DQ200 7 speed DSG Service Campaign.

Ootohere

Another one that might affect your car with a DQ200 7 Speed DSG that already might have had a Service Campaign or maybe not if you do not go to Skoda Main Dealers.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/425419-dsg-gearbox 

So you had best check at SKODA UK Customer Services or with a Skoda Main Dealer, because as usual unless you are in with your car or ask you might never hear from 

SKODA UK.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

(seems to be down as often as it works.)

• Like 1

No.

2013 there was a World Wide recall, they increased the Warranty etc where they did a WORLD WIDE RECALL, this did not include Europe, they said not needed.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/vw-uk-why-we-dont-need-dsg-recall 

Skoda New Zealand called it a 'service campaign', but did a RECALL, ie contacted registered keepers,

and they replaced Mechatronic Control Units, but then that was not on so many cars.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign 

So in May 2014 Skoda UK started Campaign 347F,  to Change the Synthetic oil to mineral & do a software update on the DSG.

VW, SEAT & AUDI also had a Service Campaign in Europe.

**THIS IS NOT WHAT I AM POSTING ABOUT.**

So in 2017

'34H5'  A New Service Campaign for a Software Update, not heard of many having been told and having this carried out yet.

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, gadgetman said:

Our DSG is gone now before it developed any issues given VW never seemed to do the dsg oils Change recall. 

Now back to a petrol manual - so avoiding the diesel fix issues too. 

More like a 'keeper' then.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

http://pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1647939 

A low mileage Fabia Mk2 vRS with a oil leak from the DSG.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/432730-oil-leak 

If anyone has a DQ200 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG manufactured between 2013 & 2015 they best check with SKODA UK if it is one that should be in for the Service Campaign '34H5'

Edited by Awayoffski

To the best of me knowledge VW never did the campaign on our MY13 Touran despite confirming it needed it - but only when pushed. 

It already munched one clutch pack (pretty normal), and despite the dealer  investigating it crunching several times when going from P to D and finding nothing, I'm pretty sure something is bad would happen eventually. 

Car's traded in now so hopefully the new owner doesn't end up with a dead mechatronics. 

Shame because I quite liked the DSG but the experience has put me off another. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/439395-the-story-of-the-famous-dq200-clutch-slip/?page=8 

The Skoda fiasco with DQ200 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG continues, after a world wide recall excluding Europe that got a service campaign 

and now owners having to pay thousands to fix DSG out of Warranty,  then a Service Campaign starting 2017 on some 2013-2015 DSG, 

there is still failures and faults 2015 on and Skoda have produced over 2 Million DQ200, they are proud about that, not so quick on press releases on the TPI's they have to issue, or to say how many Warranty Claims are being made, or refused.

ŠKODA AUTO produces two-millionth DQ 200 dual-clutch transmission at Vrchlabí plant - ŠKODA Storyboard.mhtml

ŠKODA produces 1.5 millionth DQ 200 dual-clutch transmission at Vrchlabí plant - ŠKODA Storyboard.mhtml

Have a look in the DQ200 pinned thread in the Fabia mk2 section.

That is another pre 2015 MCU failure, so a member quoted £1,900.

A friend was paying £1,7500 for a new MCU and the Main Dealer sourced it, could not get the DSG working and thinks 

they get paid for the MCU Labour and the quote is £5,500 over and above for a new DSG.

Skoda UK just dismiss requests for financial assistance on these DSG's repair.

These are DQ200 that were not Recalled or part of the Service Campaign but failing at under 6 years old.

I may be the friend that Awaoffski is referring to above, although to be fair since our problem surfaced I've learned of many more who have encountered similar problems, not only in the mechanical problem itself but in how it has been dealt with by those jovial old beans at Skoda, most of the other owners with the problems are not on here to my knowledge but are on the Skoda Fabia mk2 vrs owners facebook page

I won't go into terrific detail here as most will know the likely problems. In essence, a flashing spanner first appeared in the PRNDS area on 16 January this year, not a gear cog and not front and centre, and not accompanied by any audible warning or message regarding miles or days until next service. For the record, and mirroring the other cases I've mentioned in passing above, our car also had an engine change back in 2014, and this point seems to be important in terms of how the problem is first shown to the owner.

On seeing the flashing spanner, and fearful it could be transmission related given where it appeared, I called not one, but two main Skoda dealers to check what this related to, Parks Skoda in Hamilton and Ingrams Skoda in Ayr. Both garages provided responses from technicians advising that the flashing spanner was a reminder that an Inspection Service was due. Both garages advised that only they could remove the symbol having completed the aforementioned service, so the car was booked into the one that could provide the earliest available appointment, some 17 days later. 

Neither garage told me that the car should not be driven.

Car subsequently covered 100 to 150 miles over the next 17 days and was driving perfectly in all modes.

Unknown to us however there was a leak within the Mechatronic unit that was leaking whether the car was moving or not, and as each day was passing the required pressure within the system was dropping from the required 40 bar to an eventual zero. Unknown to us, time really was of the essence in addressing this issue.

And so on the morning of travelling to Ingrams for inspection service, the car broke down and became undriveable. Complete non runner. Trailered into Parks instead as it was closest dealership.

Diagnosed as pump failure due to fluid leak, new mechatronic supplied and fitted to cost £1750. No goodwill from either Parks or Skoda UK.

MCU eventually arrives and gets fitted but dealer cannot get basic settings to upload or install. I visited dealership and spoke to technician who advised that the upload was being prevented by the car being jammed in gear, error code 6 appearing. Despite his best efforts he had been unable to get car sorted.

I've since learned from other owners and technicians that the alignment of the arms on both the mech and gearbox is key to successful mating, mech has to be off and all levers in neutral prior to anything else, all lever arms within box also to be in neutral by hand. And that our gearbox has a pin in place to prevent jamming. But if you tried, for example, to complete the process without checking the pump first you could screw the gearbox. Oh dear.

Solution? According to Parks it now needs gearbox along with MCU. Repair cost is now over £7100. No goodwill from Parks or Skoda UK, despite escalation to Gemma (assistant to McLeod, the new CEO). Doesnt bode well for future complaints.

Options given to me?

Pay £7100 for them to supply and fit.

Pay £1750 and trailer away. They still want paying despite causing and worsening the situation.

Source refurbished, reconditioned or used gearbox, or indeed brand new gearbox myself, Brand new from TPS is £3990.

Or Manager at Parks has a pal who will look at it. I'll bet he would.

So I'm on my way to see Parks this morning, and may not be back for some time.

Thoroughly disgruntled.

• 2 months later...

Since the Anglo Saxon filter refused my preferred single word reply.

All I can say is;

How dissillusioning.

regards

marcus

p.s.

I was through the mill with Skoda in respect of DSG issues in a 2010 car, I kinda know how you must feel.

Edited by marcusthehat