Fabia MKII Vrs - water pump failed

I drove one with the Super Charger not functioning because it needed the Water Pump / Supercharger Magnetic Clutch changed,

and drove easy but still at 60 mph and got the best MPG it had ever done.

Did the North Coast 500 plus another 300+ miles....

post-86161-0-37548100-1478344981.jpg

post-86161-0-27019100-1478345002.jpg

post-86161-0-56467400-1478344959.jpg

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Nice! 

Well in theory mines getting done next weekend so I’ll just have to take it steady and put up with the noise for now.

I was going to sell the car soon but I just can’t bring myself to....

Im hoping this cures it and I can get some more enjoyment out of it 

Hi, my vrs 62 plate cthe had the same problem (the skoda tech guy said water pump and the belts) luckily had one month of my extended warranty left so nothing to pay and no problems since, had it done about three months ago, incidentally I have extended the warranty again for another year from skoda for£176 for the year for piece of mind as me and girlfriend love the car and want to keep it for many years as it's only done 20k mileage. (only found out about the problem as loud constant noise near the engine) he said something to do with the supercharger as well) 

Edited by leobella
  • Like 1

Good.

I have heard of Skoda Main Dealers Master Techs not prepared to put forward to the Warranty Provider even Skoda that the Water Pump replacement is a Warranty Claim item.

Maybe the low mileage of yours left no room for argument so no need for one.

Goes to show though that it can be a time fitted issue & not just mileage.

Anyone with a All Parts Skoda Warranty should expect the Water Pump failure to be covered by the Warranty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes actually i was driving and took pictures, but i have a fixed camera so not holding and clicking, just clicking,

and can take pictures at 3 times that speed and have full control of a vehicle. 

Is that safe enough for you?

Edited by Headinawayoffski

14 hours ago, aubrey said:

So you're driving at 40mph and taking a picture of your dash, sounds safe.

Shut the front door. 

Edited by LGM

Got it sorted.

Got all the genuine bits via a friend who works at TPS, and another tech friend has fitted them.

All in all, £325 fitted including the cost of the parts.

Sounds sweet as a nut now.

Still considering selling it mind....

2 hours ago, S27VEJ said:

Got it sorted.

Got all the genuine bits via a friend who works at TPS, and another tech friend has fitted them.

is there something visible on the old part that gives away the failure, ie a crack or something... Just curious as to what causes these failures?

5 hours ago, S27VEJ said:

Got it sorted.

did they need to remove any engine mounts to gain access to the area? if not do you no how they got access 

Nothing obvious that I can see on the old pump but I’ll admit I haven’t had a good look so il do that tomorrow and see if I can find anything. 

As for how he did it.....no ramp and took 4hrs from opening the bonnet to closing it. 

E8414153-8B14-4821-9815-E0E30B60DE45.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Sorry if I’m hijacking the thread. Would you recommend sticking with the replacement schedule 5years/60k for water pump and belt or wait until problems or failure occurs? It’s either water pump or coil-overs this month ;)

3 hours ago, superandy said:

Sorry if I’m hijacking the thread. Would you recommend sticking with the replacement schedule 5years/60k for water pump and belt or wait until problems or failure occurs? It’s either water pump or coil-overs this month ;)

9 years same water pump, done about 55K, go for the coil overs! 

• Like 2

On 15/03/2019 at 15:37, superandy said:

Well, only one of the two will put your car off the road should it not be addressed, so for me it would be pro maintenance and take the worries of the water pump out of the equation if you're at that age/ mileage, then modify to your hearts content when the platform for doing so is sound. 

Just my tuppence.

• Like 1

@superandy

Where did you see or who told your there was a 5 year / 60,000 mile schedule for changing a 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132-136kw Twinchargers Water Pump?

That is a new one on me.

There is a 5 year Alarm Siren Replacement Schedule, but i would not be replacing one if not faulty, same with a Twincharger Water Pump & Supercharger Magnetic Clutch.

I would be inspecting the 2 belts though before 5 years / 60,000 miles and regularly.

• Like 1