Poly Bushing a Fabia

So the car is booked in to get the front bushes changed for Powerflex, and a service.

Also having the engine mount one done too, so we shall see what difference it makes.

Anyone replaced rear bushes for Powerflex at all?

Personal ehh, it's hard to say as I had all done at once so whole car is lot flatter in bends and the is definitely firmer. It'll be interesting to hear you go on with rear being softer than the front. Personally I wouldn't recommend it on a rough surface at speed the rear could twitch sideways as it bounces. I'm no expert that is my opinion.

Front restrained roll the rear free to roll

Edited by Kenrw8
  • Like 1

Good plan, I'm still umming and ahhing about a rarb for mine, not sure if it'll add to stability. The rear poly bushes make that difference, so for time no rarb. Money may be best spent replacing the cat pipe , it has about 2year life on it.

• 2 weeks later...

So the bushes are getting done on Thursday!

Hope it sorts the front end out once and for all.

Its had shockers, top mounts, and these are all that's left to tighten it up!

Very good!

Tightened everything up a treat, and I put some Mondeo drop links on too, and that's sorted the crashy feel of the H&R Springs too.

Highly recommend the bushes to anyone though.

• Like 1

Now that you've got fronts done and a noticeable change, it's time to complete the upgrade and get rear done sooner the better for the complete experience. I've not regretted doing mine, though I will get upper bushes done when I get new dampers, no plans for lowering.

Edited by Kenrw8

On 30/06/2017 at 09:45, S27VEJ said:

Very good!

Tightened everything up a treat, and I put some Mondeo drop links on too, and that's sorted the crashy feel of the H&R Springs too.

Highly recommend the bushes to anyone though.

Any part numbers for the mondeo drop links.. or from what year. Ta 

8 hours ago, Grantwebster said:

How come you went for different drop links?

Here's a picture I took of my standard Monte Carlo drop links next to the shorter Mondeo ones.

IMG_3293.jpg

not a massive difference about an inch shorter so ideal if fitting somthing like 40mm H&R springs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All, If im getting AP coilovers approx 35mm lowering, which bushes to update below, unsure of sizes as well, ive copied the info onto the powerflex diagram. Car is 7 years old now but can only really afford to update 2 types of bushes (4 in total) + the cost of coilovers + cost of fitting, I want to reduce the body roll slightly. (I realise a RARB to go with would be best handling solution as well but will add this at later date) Hoping for track day next year !

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/products/Fabia+5J+(2008-)-2783/1.html

11) Front strut is 2 options... - 10mm?

3) Anti Roll is 3 options 19/20/21mm

4) Rear Beam is 2 options 69 or 72.5mm?

Powerflex.png.6205c0c031739a0bf5df4f2365c00412.png

Edited by Kobayashi