VW Group vehicles: Auto Hold. Do the rear brakes lights come on?

Just a simple question.

If you have a VW Group vehicle from Skoda, SEAT, VW or Audi and it has 'Auto Hold', do the rear brake lights come on when you stop and 'Auto Hold' functions?

(Have you checked...)

Please say which model & year of vehicle & if a Manual or DSG.

2016 SEAT Alhambra 2.0TDI DSG and no brake lights on when Auto Hold functions.

2016 VW Passat 206 TSI 4 motion. Brake lights do come on with auto hold and with car stopped using stop/start.

Also brake lights show when using adaptive cruise control too incidentally when in traffic jams, which also uses auto hold when the car stops before starting again.

3 different Passat's from 2008 to 2015. All DSG

No brake lights when Auto Hold is keeping the car stationary with the brake pedal released.

Lee

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

I tested this recently at night looking in the rear view on my 21 plate DSG Superb and the brake lights do come on, but go off if I manually engage the parking brake after auto-hold has activated. (Which I intend doing in the dark if I am to be sat for a while, as a courtesy to the car behind).

Edited by Gax
  • Like 1