Factory Recall

So the arrival of my car, which was due on June 9th, was delayed even further when it failed the PDI at the dealer.

At the time I was told that the dashboard contained warning lights and they did not know what they meant, really!!

Customer services, who have been holding things together, didn't understand why they could not find a fault, but they later confirmed that there was and ABS error, but it was just a warning display problem.

Now today, I finally get a delivery date, tomorrow!!
When quizzed about the fault, they came clean "The issue was factory recall on the ABS control unit which had to be replaced. "

I appreciate, that in the 2 weeks it took to ship it and the 2 weeks the dealer has sat on it, the factory would have issued the recall, so the dealer/customer services should have known about it?

So I wonder if anyone else with a MY18 Superb that was due to be delivered between June and July also experienced the same thing.

I presume it is this issue Volkswagen recalls 766,000 VW cars worldwide for brake system update

The car maker is recalling 288,000 VW-brand cars in Germany over the issue. Including the Audi and Skoda brands, the German recall impacts about 385,000 cars, the spokesman said.

The recall in Germany was first reported by news agency DPA on Saturday.

Edited by peter_k
  • Like 1