Misfiring due to chafed wiring loom

So, maybe I've missed reading some other threads, but is this cable harness chaffing due to a bolt that is too long and located on the LHS body area where the majority of the "car front" cabling winds its way to the engine ECU and other destinations?

Edit:- ah, okay I have now read your other thread, so did you end up being shown/told where the chaffing had occurred and why, in their mind, it had occurred and what they have done to stop it happening again?

Edited by rum4mo

Ah, okay that is another area of concern for folk with DSG gear boxes!  It seems like they have taken measures to make sure that does not happen (at that point) again, so hopefully that is the end of that issue for you.

"LAB £300.98
 Investigate issue with 3 warning lights, EPC, TPML and ESC coming on intermittantly,
more so when accelerating away. Carried out road test and verified engine missfire.
Interrogated fault memory and 10 faults logged in the memory reference the injector circuit.
 NOTES Inspected the wiring harness for damage. Found the wiring loom impacting the
gearbox mechatronics near the chassis leg causing the positive connection for the injectors
to short out.
 NOTES Carried out wiring repair and re—routed and insulated the wiring harness. Deleted
fault memory and carried out road test."

Awayski, here it is, does that make it sound like that TPI that you know about?

15 hours ago, SomersetIan said:

Can you amplify "another area of concern" please? £300 is a lot of dosh to an elderly pensioner, and I'm hoping VAG will admit a recurrent fault and pay a bit of it!

Yup £300+ is a lot of dosh, I am also in possession of a bus pass!!  "Technical Product Information"  this is a tool that VW Group use to "pass the word" round their dealerships of known issues and the recommended fix.

"another area of concern"  I've heard but not experienced, wiring issues being caused by the front>ECU wiring loom passing over a bolt which is a bit too lone and so it can puncture some wires, that is all.  I've looked at this in a late 2009 SEAT Ibiza and while the bolt is sticking up, currently it is not caused any problems, I have not checked it on wife's August 2015 VW Polo though!

Edited by rum4mo

I can not check as traveling and on a phone.   My memory is 2 tpi's and 1 is a injector issue and one was a loom and I seem to think that wad on Monte carlo's,  and some vRS. But might have included others. Dealers master techs should know.    Then when it comes to a DSG... There was service campaign. 34f7... And that was not only software update and synthetic oil changed to mineral,  the mechayronic control unit should have been checked, ? Was that ever done?

SomersetIan, have you read Awayoffski's posting and if you have the paperwork for that car, can you confirm that the service campaign mentioned by Awayoffski has been carried out on your car, if you don't have all the paperwork or that car was not new when you bought it, you should ask your local Skoda dealer to check what aftersales service campaign(s) have been recorded as being carried out on it.  I know that Audi and VW paperwork - ie service books, have a section at the rear for this type of dealership aftersales work recording.

Thank you both, rum4mo and awayoffski (can't help smiling at that tag) for helping with my problem: latest news is that "there are no relevant recall campaigns" for its VIN, and there is a sticker in the spare wheel well saying 97Z8 dated 19-9-14, which is 17 months before I acquired it.

The good news is that the guy who did not cure it has agreed to credit me £200, which is a step in the right direction! Still got to talk to the dealership service manager about his £300 ...