Exhaust emissions

millie3

Has anyone else had problems with their EGR unit after having the exhaust emissions altered.Ihave just had to pay £600 plus to have the unit replaced and apparently there have been other problems after having this recall for emissions done.

Was this an Approved VW Group Establishment doing the repairs? 

Who did 'The Fix' after VW Group Recalled the vehicle?

They should be giving you paperwork, 

do you not have the Peace of Mind Warranty letters from Skoda / VW, setting out T&C's on having The Fix & then any issues.

Was that maybe before VW UK then gave the announcement on how owners could have the Fix' without having to worry?

June, July then August all Skoda, VW, SEAT, Audi Dealerships should have known.

There are threads on this forum about the announcement.

24 Month, not 24 hours.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/436932-emissions-scandal-warranty 

best contact Skoda UK and find out where you stand.  Get stuff replied in writing.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 2 years later...

I eventually had my EGR replaced with skoda parts by an independent garage for £730 instead of the Skoda franchise costing £1200.Ironically, I read that VAG cars in Oz with  the DSG gear box are being recalled in thousands because the card DANGEROUSLY go into LIMP mode unexpectedly.

Strangely, my defective EGR unit also caused my Fabia to go DANGEROUSLY into Limp mode but strangely not considered dangerous enough here.

Skoda people refused compensation partly because I had the repair done at an independent garage.Ha ha.

You might find the Australia issue is due to atmospheric differences, causing issues not NORMALLY associated with limp-mode in the slightly cooler U.K. weather. To be frank, limp-mode is to prevent catastrophic breakdown so going in to it unexpectedly, is still infinitely better then having total failure of an engine! Dangerous would really be a personal definition... If I was travelling within the legal speed limit, at safe stopping distances, along with ALL the other road users around me, I would think limp-mode would be a pain but dangerous? Of course, I might be crossing a level crossing and the engine might do it. Even then, better limp-mode then complete stall! 

As for the refused compensation (homesr923) If the repair was done elsewhere, how could they compensate you? Unless they approved the work first or you could categorically prove it needed the repair and there was no way you could wait/get it done by the main dealer.

You could not expect the main dealer to compensate you if you had a damage repair done by a different repairer, then went back to the main dealer, saying the paint was flaking/bubbling/didn't match the car, etc. Or if the new panel rusted within the car's warranty!

My reading of the Oz problem is that thousands of VAG ( the whole stable) cars are being recalled because of a defective DSG gearbox which causes the cars to suddently go into LIMP MODE. This is  judged to be dangerous ,hence the recall. My case is that  if a VAG car goes into LIMP mode ,wherever on the planet it is And if that cause is a design fault, then the owner#s cars should be repaired FOC. My Fabia was going into Limp because of a blocked ESG.Do any other makes of car have this problem.

Skoda franchises deal with warranty claims on a regular basis and then are reimbursed by Skoda. Whether the car  is repaired by a franchise or not ,doesn't matter. My garage is brilliant.The mechanic is VAG trained and used VAG parts. Dangerous is dangerous whatever the cause and if VAG has a problem, the owners should be reimbursed. Compare the USA. Compare the Boeing 737

v

vag

@holmesr923

You have the DVLA to talk to, in writing then, and good luck with that, not that they will care.

When the World Wide DQ200 DSG Recall happened in 2012/13 which included Australia it did not include Europe / UK.

VW Group persuaded the DVSA (VOSA) they would do a Voluntary Recall which happened to be a Service Campaign. '34F5'

They said the issue was not 'Safety Critical' as when drive was lost you could roll to a roadside / place of safety.

Then in 2017 another Service Campaign '34H5'  they call a 'Recall Action' only they never Recall Cars by contacting Registered Keepers.

Edited by Roottootemoot