Control system for exhaust warning light

to12ny

The 'Control system for exhaust' warning light on my 2012 Yeti TDI has come on.

My local Skoda dealer in Carlisle (who have serviced the car from new) want £95.00 just to plug it into their diagnostic computer.

When my Toyota Yaris had a similar problem, the warning light problem was diagnosed and reset for free.

They would not even say if the car was safe to drive and advised calling out roadside assistance.

Could this problem be caused by the recent "fix" to my Yeti?

The Dealership Service Desk must have forgotten that VW paid them to do The Fix and now they need to clear it with Skoda / VW UK to diagnose if the issue is because of The Fix, 

so get your official complaint in you have a 24 month peace of mind assurance from the VW Group over their deletion of the defeat device & the new Engine Management on your vehicle.

Thanks for the information.

I found a link to the "Trust Building Measure", see below :- 

I still have to pay £95.00, but get my money back if one of 11 components is found to be faulty.

More "Trust" would be generated if this warranty was mentioned as soon as I reported that the "Control system for the exhaust" warning light had come on.

A component fails because of a" fix". What is to stop the new component failing because of the same "fix"?

Thanks again.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Yeti in for its diagnostic test yesterday - the throttle body was the problem.

Judging by the pictures, there was at least 1-2 mm of soot caked on its interior.

This is covered by VW's warranty, so at least I don't have pay for the test or the repairs.

DOT figures say the the "fix" results in the production of 3 times more diesel particulates.

So what is to stop the new throttle body from sooting up in the same way and failing?

And then there is the extra strain on the DPF, the EGR, the injectors and all the other components within the exhaust gas recirculation, fuel injection and emissions system.

VW has agreed to spend  $25 billion in the United States to resolve claims from owners and have offered to buy back about 500,000 vehicles.

Why is there no such deal here in the UK?

My Yeti's engine has been trashed and its value (even if I could sell it) has been severely reduced, by VW's appalling corporate behaviour.