Creep issues?

gman88667733

Whenever my car creeps forwards or backwards (1.2L DSG 2014 Yeti) as it engages the creep, there is a shudder or strong vibration. When reversing uphill, it shudder a lot without any gas and is very awkward. It does it on the flat too, but more noticeably uphill. Going to get the dealer to look at it, but any ideas? 

I'll attach a recorded clip of the sound, it is quite easy to pick out the sound. It is normally either that load or a bit more high pitched.

videocompress-082-VID_20170916_171555.mp4

Edited by gman88667733

Likely not part of the problem, but 

?

Are you aware if your DSG should be in for the Service Campaign started last November or so on some DQ200 DSG from 2013-2015. '34H5',

It is a Software Update.

(different from Service Campaign '34F5' Oil change from Synthetic to mineral & a software update, 2009-2013.)

I had those symptoms with my Passat and the mechatronic unit was faulty and it was replaced under warranty.

But that was a 6 speed DSG and I see from other threads that you probably have a 7 speed DSG which have clutch pack problems.

Good job you've only recently bought it as it should be covered under the dealer warranty as it may be past the 3 year warranty depending on when it was registered which will be easier than getting Skoda UK to make a goodwill gesture for what is a known problem.

Edited by VAGCF

31 minutes ago, VAGCF said:

I had those symptoms with my Passat and the mechatronic unit was faulty and it was replaced under warranty.

But that was a 6 speed DSG and I see from other threads that you probably have a 7 speed DSG which have clutch pack problems.

Good job you've only recently bought it as it should be covered under the dealer warranty as it may be past the 3 year warranty depending on when it was registered which will be easier than getting Skoda UK to make a goodwill gesture for what is a known problem.

Did the dealership spot the issue straight away? It is quite obvious when driving the car.

My car had a new mechatronic unit 7k miles ago. It has only done 22k in total..

Edited by gman88667733

Was that on manufacturers warranty so not covered for 2 years but expiring with the manufacturers warranty normally?

(ie you never paid anything towards it to have the 2 year warranty on parts.)

But even if your car is over 3 years since first registered Skoda UK can not just dismiss as out of warranty as they know of possible Fundamental Design or Manufacturing / material faults.

You are going to have to see what the diagnosis is by a Master Tech.

So was it a Skoda Approved Used car with 12 months warranty?

Was it repaired at a Skoda Main Dealership under manufacturers warranty before you got it?

Anyway if it is faulty it is faulty.

There are 2013 on DSG that have required new Mechatronic Units, which is why there is Service Campaign '34H5', 

so if yours had a new Mechatronic Control Unit because of that failing, Skoda / VW might just be needing to replace the gearbox.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

59 minutes ago, gman88667733 said:

Did the dealership spot the issue straight away? It is quite obvious when driving the car.

My car had a new mechatronic unit 7k miles ago. It has only done 22k in total..

I took the car to the supplying VW main dealer and Sod's law on a lengthy test drive (me driving) with a tech. it behaved perfectly!

But the diagnostics clearly showed there was a problem and they said it would be done under warranty no problem.

When I reversed up a slight incline from the parking space to leave the dealer it juddered!

I've been with VW, Audi and now Skoda for many years because of the way they have dealt with warranty work i.e. no quibble and fortunately little has gone wrong but reading of the problems that some folks have with getting things done, albeit mainly outside of the warranty period does make me less confident of what VWG's response and attitude may be in the future.

Once the mechatronic unit was replaced the DSG was fine. The car was a '58 plate and has given a work colleague who bought it off me many years and miles of trouble free motoring.

For your car to be 7k. miles on and now more problems is not good. 

7 minutes ago, nbramwel said:

Had a juddering problem but only in first gear with my DSG Fabia.  Dealer accepted there was a fault and replaced the clutch pack under warranty in January this year.  Car been fine since.

Okay. I'm hoping I will have the same outcome!