1st reliability issue in my 2nd Skoda Yeti: Turbo actuator fail, here we go again......?

Abominable

Longer term users of this forum may remember the many problems that plagued my first Yeti 1.2TSi. In six years it clocked up 30 warranty claims / faults; everything from failed ABS warning harness, HT leads, wheel bearings, timing chain fault, paint issues, rust.... Things got so bad Skoda UK eventually helped to put me in a new one (not for free, sadly!).

Anyway, here I am with 12,500 miles on my 2nd Yeti and the first fault has developed....a failed turbo actuator / wastegate. The wastegate and the complete turbo unit was replaced efficiently by West End Garage in Edinburgh.

I was so hopeful that I could get to 100,000 miles without any issues, but it seems that's not to be, so I might as well start a new list and see if this Yeti can beat the last one to 30 faults!

So,

No 1. Turbo Actuator fail.

Here is a catalogue of the faults with the 1st Yeti:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/385693-100000-miles-of-poor-reliability-in-a-skoda-yeti-12tsi/

• Like 1

• 6 months later...