UK price list live!

keiroha

Unfortunately prices are a little meaningless without the specs to go with them.  However the starting price is a fair bit higher than the Yeti.

Also the cheapest Karoq is around £2500 more expensive than the cheapest Ateca, whilst the most expensive Skoda is £430 more than its Seat cousin.

Lets see the specs!

I also looked at the latest released prices.  Fed up with Audi option prices I was looking a buying a high spec Karoq rather than a A4.  Looking at the prices I couldn't see a 4x4 petrol model.  I hope there is an option for 4x4 as I do not want a diesel.   The Kodiaq does not appeal to me due to the look and it also has a lame petrol engine range...

It may have to be that stupidly expensive (When overpriced, necessary Audi options are added) A4 avant 2.0 TFSI quattro.

Probably fall out from the allocation of VW 150 petrol engines the lower order brands., Skoda, Seat.  Just about everything in the VW range that could use the 150 petrol is?

Thanks CJJE, I had initially missed the link to the press release.

Versus the Ateca the Karoq seems well specced, model for model, which probably helps to explain the price differences.

Looking back at the price list linked by keiroha I see they show a SE Technology model, but no mention is made of it in the press release.  Also they show the SE and SE Technology prices to be the same.  Methinks there's an error there and either there's no SE Tech model or if there is (or will be) it will command a price increase over the base SE.

28 minutes ago, Portman said:

Thanks CJJE, I had initially missed the link to the press release.

Versus the Ateca the Karoq seems well specced, model for model, which probably helps to explain the price differences.

Looking back at the price list linked by keiroha I see they show a SE Technology model, but no mention is made of it in the press release.  Also they show the SE and SE Technology prices to be the same.  Methinks there's an error there and either there's no SE Tech model or if there is (or will be) it will command a price increase over the base SE.

The SE Tech is normally for fleet /business buyers so is listed differently. They are usually available to private buyers as well, just ask the dealer. 

Prices are a bit steep in my opinion compared to its processor the Yeti

I realise its a bit bigger, and a bit more modern, but compared to the runout Yeti Drive models looking at about 25% price premium for a similar spec,  personally not yet convinced its 25% better to justify the extra.

Don't really understand the lack of petrol option for a 4x4, not everyone drives long distances and wants a diesel.

Edited by SurreyJohn
typo

I have been reliably informed that UK dealers have today been provided with full details of specs, options (including prices), colours, trims etc.  It may not be in a form which can be readily given to customers, but at least it is now out there.  No brochures, etc, yet, but there are plenty of pictures around already.

35 minutes ago, freedie said:

I have received a letter from Skoda showing a 1.5 TSi 150bhp DSG 4x4 is due sometime after launch...

Thanks Freedie. :thumbup:  

Did the letter give any indication of the meaning of "sometime"? 

Days... months... years...?

6 hours ago, Robjon said:

Thanks Freedie. :thumbup:  

Did the letter give any indication of the meaning of "sometime"? 

Days... months... years...?

No; it actually said TBC which I presume means to be confirmed...

However, the model was described for all trim levels: SE, SE Tech, SE L and Edition.

• Thanks 1

Looks a good spec to me even on the basic SE. Only extras I,d like would be LED headlights and Admundsen. Still cannot get my head around 1.0 litre engines in anything but small hatchbacks! I think the Karoq is no where as distinctive as the Yeti, even bland, but the T-Roc is right up the street of the Image conscious motorist. Not for me. 

Edited by threadbear

I'm a bit gutted. Around £2.5k more than the Ateca and way more than the model it replaces. It's almost as if Skoda have dumped the Yeti and replaced it with a different class of vehicle. I guess when we replace our Yeti it will have to be with something other than a Skoda.

On 21/09/2017 at 14:40, SurreyJohn said:

Prices are a bit steep in my opinion compared to its processor the Yeti

I realise its a bit bigger, and a bit more modern, but compared to the runout Yeti Drive models looking at about 25% price premium for a similar spec,  personally not yet convinced its 25% better to justify the extra.

Škoda did the same when they brought out the MKIII Octavia Scout. It was £2500-3000 more expensive than the MKII, but this price increase was slightly offset by adding partial leather & alcantara seats, and SatNav as standard, which were optional on the MKII - though in my opinion should have been standard considering its price over other Octavias. 

• Administrators

As a heads up, the order books are open soon.

If you were thinking of PCH, it's worth reading this topic: 

Cash/Finance, it's not clear yet if deals will be offered, or if deals via trade in, i.e. cost to change will be made. It's a new model and so far as we're aware not on anyones target list initially, so little incentive to discount massively. Everyone's different though!

Pity again that if you go for the top model you have to have a panoramic roof which not everyone wants.

If I go for one it will probably be an SE L with a few extras which may end up being as/more expensive. The SE L doesn't even get leather unlike the Yeti.

Looking forward to the launch and pricing it up though. 

10 hours ago, Macdemon said:

I'm waiting for the details to put put onto the Skoda UK website.

and even then Skoda UK will no doubt screw that up, but at least we will finally get an idea of just what is going to be available to the UK buyer, options etc.

On 9/24/2017 at 18:04, RapidPaul said:

I'm a bit gutted. Around £2.5k more than the Ateca and way more than the model it replaces. It's almost as if Skoda have dumped the Yeti and replaced it with a different class of vehicle. I guess when we replace our Yeti it will have to be with something other than a Skoda.

That's quite common to be fair, with Skoda's choice to be more mainstream now.

Both the current Fabia and Octavia were noticably more expensive than the previous version.

Some people buy into the Skoda brand and some jump ship to get what Skoda used to be elsewhere, a good car for a budget price.