Karoq in Red (photo)

scottprague

That's the £900 the paint option! Seems expensive... but if you want red... what's special about these paints to cost an extra £400?

I will probably end up with the Emerald green or Lava Blue although the meteor grey is quite nice...

It is a long time since Red required special 'more expensive / rare pigments' to stop from fading badly.

Just a few years ago when White became the New Black and was a 'Special Finish' then it was claimed 'pigments' required for white was costing more.

Truth is charge what people will pay and you can get away with.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.   & tell them anything because most of the time you get away with it. 

1 hour ago, philipashby said:

I will probably end up with the Emerald green or Lava Blue although the meteor grey is quite nice...

Meteor Grey, will be another colour ruined, it looks like it will not be exclusive to the Octavia Vrs or the Fabia Monti Carlo anymore. It will end up like Race Blue, wonderful colour, Vrs exclusive colour but ruined as it's now available from the povity spec to high end trims on every level/models. 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

5 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Meteor Grey, will be another colour ruined, it looks like it will not be exclusive to the Octavia Vrs or the Fabia Monti Carlo anymore. It will end up like Race Blue, wonderful colour, Vrs exclusive colour but ruined as it's now available from the povity spec to high end trims on every level/models. 

Meteor Grey suits any car. It should be available for every Skoda. It would look good on a Citigo too

Forget that Meteor Grey vRS / Monte Carlo Fake News. Skoda spin stuff.

It was the Standard  Colour and only colour of the 69ps Fabia Reaction.  16" Alloys. £9,690 OTR in 2013.

http://carwow.co.uk/news/skoda-fabia-reaction-634-858 

(Also available  extra cost 'Special colour on the Mk2 Fabia vRS 180ps. 17" Alloys) Red / White was no cost option.

skoda_fabia_1_2_68bhp_reaction_2814281.jpg

post-43788-0-13473100-1382894799.jpg

Edited by Headinawayoffski
  • Like 1

My Wife has one of those Fabia Reactions in the grey with the black roof. 

Looks fantastic and does not seem prone to stone chips especially like the red Fabia's 

• Like 2

For the price premium they are asking I expected the red to be a bit more special, something like Mazda's signature red colour.

From the picture above it looks no different to the base red colour on my wife's Citigo.

Looks like Emerald Green or Petrol Blue for me, it needs to go with the blonde leather interior I want.

Re Karoq size,

there is a Kodiaq if a bigger/ heavier model is required..  Just the smaller model needed now.

Skoda's  Sister car to the Arona.

If the Meteor Grey did chip the white undercoat did not show much because the colour coat was Grey, showed lots with the Solid Red  (Corrida)

Both very easy (invisible ) touching in of chips though.

Softroader / SUV's should be Red for when stuck in deep snow drifts, or at least Red roofs,

or just stuck in winter snow due to lack of clearance or suitable tyre options at purchase..

post-86161-0-98260000-1458904297.jpg

If you want one of them you just buy one, a Hyundai built in the Czech republic seems to make sense,

decent build quality and good after sales customer care.

Some Yeti fans seem to think the Karoq is too big, you can not keep all the people happy all of the time.

What is the coloured filter thing in the petrol flap?

Am I the only one to think the red striped upholstery is a bit , erm, tacky. The sort of thing you used to buy as cheap seat covers 30 years ago.

Colin

7 hours ago, scottprague said:

I realize there is Kodiaq but when you compare Karoq to Tiguan or Mazda CX5 or Hyunda Tucson its lower and a little more compact.

skoda-karoq-2018.jpg.3670dda4e410569410c879409a7d0eae.jpgvolkswagen-tiguan-2016.jpg.c3bcefcd50ec9b62dec682ced6b7d80b.jpgindex.jpg.b2cf04f6f20c6f3ca0e4dd55eb8ef2b2.jpghyundai-tucson-2015.jpg.376ab75b6eefbf69622866b9631e4024.jpg

It's still longer than the Yeti (4223mm) although slightly lower (1671mm) .  The main reason I've never bought a Yeti is because of the boot size (with seats in place) - looking promising on the Karoq.

Seat comfort / head height and front/rear leg room  also crutial for me but I need a future car to be not toooo long - we shall see

Edited by bigjohn

Ice Scraper a 'Simply Clever' feature that Motoring Journalists seem to like, it will be really 'Simply Clever' if this time the design of the Filler Flap means it does not freeze closed in certain weather conditions. 

These filler flaps are getting a bit high for peeing on (always funny for lady drivers), and with 24 hour non manned / womaned filling stations there is CCTV but no chance of hot water to 'Get your flap open'.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that not everyone is as 'blessed' as I am, George! (Probably down to that extremely cold Tcheuchter weather, no doubt!) 

You could always try standing on a Fire Bucket;

Overcome  

Adapt

Improvise 

And all that.....

I am blessed with common sense.

Clean metal and plastic and use Silicone Spray, and keep fuel tanks full at every chance before parking up to reduce H2o in fuel.

& I fill flasks with boiling and warm water on winter trips.

Just incase i am taking a lady in labour to hospital but can not get there in time.

(Pregnant that is, not a member of a political party...)

I can make a cup of tea while the paramedics or doctor do the delivery.

You could understand the high price of the red if it was that self-healing paint - whatever happened to that, thought it would become common?

The cameraman in that video certainly likes the look of the girl! 

Reviews of the car say that there is plenty of legroom front and rear. The brief glimpse of the rear appears to suggest that there isn’t as much as with the Yeti – I’m 6’ 1” so have the driver’s seat a fair way back but not all the way.

That is something I will be checking out once the dealers have them.

Edited by VAGCF

On 10/23/2017 at 13:17, Rifleman said:

Looks like Emerald Green or Petrol Blue for me, it needs to go with the blonde leather interior I want.

From the pictures I've seen the beige interior comes with a black headlining and pillar trims.  To me that rather defeats the point of having a light interior and not what Skoda do on other models.

A sunroof will compensate, but not at nighttime/low light occasions!

On 10/23/2017 at 09:09, philipashby said:

Go for the Lave Blue, I am.  :cool: