BMW news

Ryeman

I like if they take them on a Wet road test track like the MIRA Hill route test track, a cambered real road not a 'race track' then stay on their side of the road / white lines at maybe 60 or even 70 mph 

to see just what works safely. Not needing to cut corners to keep up speed.

Below is what it can be like following some drivers on a Public road when they are in normal everyday cars or Prestige / Premium / Sports cars.

No idea what being on the the correct side of the road means or driving to the conditions on their side of the road.

You just want to get a move on, not take part in a race.

Edited by AwaoffSki

I can confirm that the X drive will kick its arse out in the wet if you're ham fisted. With all the safety features on.

Edited by Aspman

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Ryeman said:

He’s not happy with design direction -

https://driventowrite.com/2018/02/27/bmw-2018-design-crisis-analysis/

I quite like the new 5 and the X2 is, to me, the least offensive of the X models but I agree with everything else he's said and I've said a lot of it myself in here.

They also appear to have let the beancounters loose to go penny pinching and let dealers  have over inflated opinions of themselves like they're doing us a favour to sell and service the cars.

I am excited to see what the new M2 CS looks like. Hopefully the cost won't be too much of a hike over the current version but I suspect it will probably nudge over £50k for the DCT which is what roughly you pay in the real world for the M3 DCT. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...