Nightmare fabia vrs engine replacement needed!

Jav_110

Hi guys new to the forum, purchases a 2010 (60) fabia vrs about 3 months ago with full skoda history, took skoda extended warranty out top level of cover with no excess and unlimited miles, took car in for a major service at bickerton skoda sheffield and asked the service manager if 1 litre of oil usage is norm for every 1000 miles to be told yes that is normal, anyways week after service the car starts to misfire so back to dealers again in Sheffield to be told it needs a new engine (here we go) now i been waiting a month and skoda extended warranty said we are not paying out for this claim because we think the fault was there before you took the warranty out! I am fuming as what bullsh** excuse was that especially when it had been in the dealership week before running perfectly fine. Where do i stand? They said take it up with skoda uk as it is a manufacturer defect on your engine! Any help much appreciated? 

Edited by Jav_110

What mileage has it done and car history Skoda Full service history. Tune y/n? Original Engine or has the car had a previous replacement?

Route is normally in writing to Skoda UK Customer Services to raise a Case No.

Check out the pinned Thread here of ownership experience. Loads of Professional held and knowledgeable experience with outcomes

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

Take it up with the Warranty Provider / Underwriter.  Their problem.  Is that Skoda UK?  VW Group really.

The fault will have been there before the Warranty was taken out.

Fundamental Design & Manufaturing Faults, Materials, Components, Software & Quality Control.

But then VW / Skoda / Audi / SEAT knew that in 2010, 11,12, & discontinued that engine. 

Skoda Warranty is valid as they sold it and knew of Know issues and failure rate of the 1,800 CAVE engine vRS in the UK.

They know how many replacement engines then needed replaced.

They know who many other Warranty Providers then had VW / Skoda pay towards Warranty Claims.

If they wanted a Inspection of the vehicle engine they should have requested one before they Provided a Warranty.

They used to in some cases.

PS.

Ask the Service Manager where 'May use 0.5 litres in 1,000 km (621 miles) or 1 litre in 1,242 miles meant 1 litre in 1,000 miles was OK.

0.3 litres in 1,000 miles was unacceptable, as Skoda UK know damn well.

Extended Warranty from ŠKODA Insurance – putting ŠKODA into your insurance..mhtml

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Any more???

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi=just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/353149-fabia-mk2-vrs-14tsi-engines-replaced-how-many 

Edited by Headinawayoffski
  • Like 1

The car has covered 74,000 miles full skoda dealer history no modifications on car it is box standard, i have raised a case with Skoda uk now i am awaiting a response, skoda sheffIeld want £478 for atripping the engine and i am awaiting price to piece it back together am guessing it will be around the same price, but obviously it will still misfire if i want them to put it back that is. Skoda dealership in sheffield did say to me that he told extended warranty it is a common problem on the earlier models but he said the excuse they are using not to pay out is that i enquired about it using too much oil (1 litre to a 1000 miles) and therefore the fault was there prior to the warranty been taken out, i liked the car soo much in the 3 months that i owned it i purchased a black 14 plate fabia vrs for my mrs now i am thinking what have i got myself in2 with this rubbish car it has already given me a headache 

EDIT,  Aware is no good.

Get the Service & Warranty History from SKODA UK.  They knew it when they provided the WARRANTY, or had Access to it.

You have a Warranty, what do they want to strip it for?  

Do not deal with that Skoda DEalership Employees, get the Warranty Provider to get a Warranty Manager to arrange a Report on the Engine, 

get an expert in for them, they are going to be paying £3,000 plus anyway.

Except VW will provide the engine really.

Stop talking to mumpties on a Service Desk or Showroom.

Get stuff in writing.

PS.

Sorry if you have one of my old cars.

Please post part of the Reg Numbers & colour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jav_110 said:

This is the email they have sent me, they sent a independent engineer out to look at the engine and he said the problem might have been there before the warranty was taken out

Source of the problem was known to Skoda UK early in the models life. So their comment is irrelevant.

• Like 2

Do you have that in writing from the Skoda UK System. Original Engine, and what warranty done if any 2010-2013, then 2013 on.?

Did you express concerns before taking out the Warranty.?

WHO TO, & WHAT WAS DONE TO CHECK WHAT OR WHY THERE WERE ISSUES?

?

Do you know the namne of The Service Manager that said 1 litre of oil used in 1,000 miles was normal.

?

Was that a Skoda Main Dealership Employee, so much for your concerns and dismissed as 'They All Do that'.

Well over 20% of CAVE Engines have done that, and Skoda UK Know because they paid for first Rebuilds 201/11, then Breather Mods, Software Updates, new engines, Squirters etc etc 

• Like 1

I explained to skoda extended warranty that this is a common problem and that many people have had their engines replaced under warranty on the earlier models, recently there was a case on daily mail national news of a bloke with a fabia vrs on his 3rd engine obviously there is a design fault which he replied "i do agree there is a manufacturing defect on the engine but you need to take that up with skoda uk and not us we are a insurance company acting on behalf of skoda uk

2 minutes ago, Jav_110 said:

I explained to skoda extended warranty that this is a common problem and that many people have had their engines replaced under warranty on the earlier models, recently there was a case on daily mail national news of a bloke with a fabia vrs on his 3rd engine obviously there is a design fault which he replied "i do agree there is a manufacturing defect on the engine but you need to take that up with skoda uk and not us we are a insurance company acting on behalf of skoda uk

Here we go, pass the F.....buck .

Service manager in Sheffield bickerton is called Julian, he hs been dealing with it for the past month, i rung warranty company about 2 months ago asking if i put a miltek on and a k&n will it void the warranty they emailed me back saying no it will not, i said to them i am getting it serviced from the dealers so everything is up to date as i have heard some issues around this engine and he advised me yes make sure u keep it serviced on time by dealers

Is it the Skoda Warranty?

There was a known problem, Warranty Underwriters know the problem, they still sell the Warranty.

over 400 replaced engines in the Skoda CAVE twincharger in the UK, 1,800 cars first registered, 2010-2012,

and as similar percentage of failures with SEAT, VW & Audi, as they know.

A car buyer can not know as VW Group never admitted it, Main Dealer Master Techs know though and does any Independent Expert,

unless they started the job the day before, just becoming an Engineering Expert, or are TOMMY.

Extended Warranty from ŠKODA Insurance – putting ŠKODA into your insurance..mhtml

Right, then they mis-sold, Mis-sold a financial product, and Insurance Policy with terms, you meet the terms, they are making excuses not to,

.  because you answered the questions honestly, and they accepted and you never voided the warranty.

Known Issues, known to Skoda & VW, & VW Warranty company, the Warranty Provider.

**Do not accept the £404 back.  ** 

You have a valid warranty, the Dealership selling should put the ECU back to Factory spec, they do not.

Never do they sell cars as they got them in, not always even serviced, just supposedly checked for safety.

People can buy a Skoda Warranty or others Warranty and find there is a Remap etc and they try to void a warranty.

Their problem not yours, a solicitor will rip them to shreads,

but they are not going to court to reveal how many of 1,800 engines failed.

Any case taken to court can not have a VW Group employee in court defending the engines and testifying that there are not 

Fundamental Design, Manufacturing, Material or Quality control issues, and failing in software,yet never was there a Service Campaign or Recall Actions, Just Engine Discontinued and replaced 2012 with an upgraded one, still failures though.

• Like 1

No other option really,

If you have your complaint with the Warranty Provider / Underwriter in writing and have explained how you simply purchased a vehicle and a warranty 

and trusted to the seller of the Vehicle & the Warranty Seller and they can not resolve their issues, 

and how 'They' are not aware of Twincharger possible issues, seeing as they have the Manufacturers to contact and the power insurers have of checking 

Costs so far on different vehicles claims.    All at the finger tips of Warranty Providers. That is their business after all.

Good luck with it all.

Solicitors letter gets their attention.    Specially with a Financial Product like a Warranty / Insurance Policy mis-sold, and the questions that VW would have to answer in a court in England / Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. 

Keep the pressure on Skoda CS.

As the can do some work to link it all together with Dealership, and insurer's.

Make then aware you are prepared to take a legal route if necessary.

All done via email quoting the case no.  CC to whoever.

Phone call never a good thing. You will probably need to go to at least the next level up in Skoda CS then up to Director Level if not getting any positive action.

Legal / Gov Dept as your fall back

• Like 1

No need to pay a contribution once Skoda UK comes to their senses and arranges to contribute to with the WARRANTY provider and a DEalership Goodwill Contribution.

That is all BullSh!t as Skoda UK & the WARRANTY PROVIDER knows,  valid claim and VW Group foot the bill in the end, or provide the new engine.

(Refurbished actually.)