Factory fit all season tyres

xman

Has anyone had factory fitted all season tyres and if so what make were they?

Does anyone know if its likely to be pot luck what brand is supplied, e.g. Michelin=good, Hankook/Bridgestone/Kumho=bad (imo)

Also would full size spare wheel match (a lot of all season tyres are directional which would make that a problem)

Every new Skoda in the UK comes with Factory Fitted All Season Tyres.

?

Do you mean 'All Weather Tyres',  because where that is mentioned in a Brochure as fitted then they are just All Seasons, 

but not like Michelin CrossClimates or the likes.

Fiat, Suzuki and others fit All Weather or All Terrain tyres to some AWD cars like a Panda or Vitara.

Sigh......The brochure price list and specifications state "all season tyres for 16 inch alloy wheels” optional.

Uk spec cars come fitted as standard with what manufactures would consider " summer tyres"

Stop nit picking ski, we all know what is meant.

Edited by xman
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Some might consider what is fitted as 'Summer Tyres', so much gets lost in Translation.    All Seasons do not make tyres Winter or Winter Certified.

So lets see what happens if you do not nit pick or confirm at the Dealership or manufacturer.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/423163-are-all-weather-tyres-winter-legal-in-the-eu 

All-Season & All-Weather Tyres _ Kwik Fit.mhtml

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Only RS was coming with P-Zero in 19". Already in 18" you could have different options. 

For regular models, even inside the shop, you can have different brand on each car in the showroom. I don't think you can 100% know what you will get, but makes sense to put a pressure on your dealer.

• Like 2

Car manufacturers fit whatever brand of tyres they get a good deal on from their chosen list at the moment each car is being made - so there is normally no way of knowing, or specifying, what make of tyres any individual car will be manufactured with.

I understand this fully but was interested in anyone's actual experience of this £150 option which I assume is not very popular.

I think I may try an email to Skoda to see if they can divulge their policy re this option. Fixed brand or premium brand or a list of approved suppliers.

• Like 1

Before I ordered my car I considered the SE spec as it can be ordered with the All Season tyres on 16" wheels. I asked the dealer if these were proper winter approved tyres e.g. Mitchelen Cross Climate or similar and he confirmed that they were.

He had recently ordered and delivered 6 x SE spec Octavia Estatates with the All Season tyre option to one Scottish Office Department.

Just speak to your dealer and ask.

• 1 year later...

Hi Xman,

I totally get why you're asking, I have the same question. Do you have an answer now? What all season tyres do Skoda fit when you select the all season tyre option?

Skoffski, you're an idiot. Winter is a season.

I currently have a Skoda Fabia and put Michelin CrossClimate+ on myself, as I sometimes drive across Europe and never know when I will need them. Last month I was in -15c (but in a hire car, not my Fabia). A month before, in my Fabia, I was in 28C heat and -1C cold the very next day. Michelin CrossClimate+ are snow/mud certified so are certified for use in the winter months in European countries that require 'winter tyres'. It's expensive changing all for tyres, so an option to have all season tyres from factory for £155 seems like a great option; if the tyres are premium.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Interesting I have just asked on another thread on here, if it is possible to specify tyres on a new Octavia when buying from new.  I suppose you can only specify when they are offered as an option as mentioned above? 

I imagine that OE tyres have a big input to the WLTP certification. So I  can't believe there are seperate certifications for summer, all seasons and winter tyres.

Edited by gregoir
  • Like 1