Yellow engine management light

I have just serviced my Skoda Fabia vrs by changing the fuel, air, oil filters. Spark plugs have also been replaced. I put in the ngk R spark plugs and took out the ngk IR. after doing 1 mile in the car the yellow engine management light had came on and went into limp mode, the car will not rev above 4000 rpm. Could the spark plugs be the reason to this?

Double check you haven't knocked off any plugs, or forgotten to replace one.

Usual is replacing the air filter and forgetting to plug the MAF sensor back in.

Was the fuel filter genuine? Or some Fram pish?

Is the resistance the same in "R" as there is in "IR" ? If that's different it could well be.

5ohms I think is normal.

Edited by Lofty79
  • Thanks 1

Best post in the Fabia Mk2 Section.

Lots of threads with the same issue in the passed 7 years.

One just in the last 2 days.

So common issue is the 'O' Rings on the Turbo Pipe not sealed properly.

The Small pipe behind 2nd plug from the left, not in, or the Breather Pipe Breather Valve, as you will see in the recent thread.

What was the pre-gapped plugs at 0.7mm?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/441716-intake-air-system-leak 

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Lofty79 said:

Double check you haven't knocked off any plugs, or forgotten to replace one.

Usual is replacing the air filter and forgetting to plug the MAF sensor back in.

Was the fuel filter genuine? Or some Fram pish?

Is the resistance the same in "R" as there is in "IR" ? If that's different it could well be.

5ohms I think is normal.

Air filter is in properly and the fuel filter is a MANN. I’ll double check the resistance on the spark plugs but these were the ones Euro car had recommended for the car so I thought they would be okay. 

They are OK if the correct numbers, 

see the posts in the Pinned thread at the top of this section. others using the NGK 'R'.

So did you check all 4 plugs gap was correct and get them in without knocking them?

Are these the ones you fitted, as were in as OME until 2012, before replaced with the later ones.

5996b4caeb44c_NGKLaserPlatinum.jpg.ff2c004626d1cfb79d0f4e106b325512.jpg

5996b3e106f40_DensoVSNKGIR.jpg.b78f9be1afe81e8cf54213d2955755e4.jpg.c74c6bb4da5e6a1d0de2cf19a418e159.jpg

2750701730_116401582.jpg.688fba683886c83133f72e583e0781f1.jpg.b907866a4852ff39be360bcb4bfdfe4c.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki

37 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

They are OK if the correct numbers, 

see the posts in the Pinned thread at the top of this section. others using the NGK 'R'.

So did you check all 4 plugs gap was correct and get them in without knocking them?

Are these the ones you fitted, as were in as OME until 2012, before replaced with the later ones.

5996b4caeb44c_NGKLaserPlatinum.jpg.ff2c004626d1cfb79d0f4e106b325512.jpg

5996b3e106f40_DensoVSNKGIR.jpg.b78f9be1afe81e8cf54213d2955755e4.jpg.c74c6bb4da5e6a1d0de2cf19a418e159.jpg

2750701730_116401582.jpg.688fba683886c83133f72e583e0781f1.jpg.b907866a4852ff39be360bcb4bfdfe4c.jpg

Yes, I replaced the IR ones with R ones as Euro parts had these in the section for my car. I had not measured the gap on them as I assumed they would have the correct parts for my car. I slotted the plugs in by holding the tip with some long nose pliers and placed them in the thread.

After you have checked the breather pipes, or before since you need to move them then best check those plugs gap.

Put them in on the end off a length of rubber hose is easy.

They are pre-set, but you still need to check all correct. they can be taken out a box in a store or at a counter and knocked 

or just sometimes you find they are not correct across the 4 plugs.

Originally Skoda / VW had them at 0.8mm, but then changed to those in the bottom pic and 0.7 mm.

That was during the CAVE being Produced and the change over to the CTHE.

Euro Car Parts are a bit of a PITA.

Edited by AwaoffSki

We know what caused any Fault Codes to be logged if they are logged and since it went into limp mode they will be, 

so if it stays in limp mode and the Exhaust Emissions Control light stays illuminated then you clear the codes, take it out of limp mode and light goes out.

So you need someone with a reader to plug into the OBDII Port and do this.