Skoda approved multi point check

hatchy

The Skoda Approved Used Car website says they do 'Rigorous checks'. 

Some might lie, some might be diligent.

Ask for a Copy of the Multi Point Check.    

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Safety check from a workshop yet new owners pick up cars with chipped windscreens, TPMS warnings as they drive away as tyre pressures not checked / adjusted and the TPMS reset.

Servicing might be due soon, and yet not done.

Brake Fluid change not done at 3 years yet cars sold as Full Main Dealer Service History, just not to Manufacturers Guidelines.

50 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

If it’s a diesel do they give a report on the state of the EGR cooler valve and DPF I wonder.

I can't believe you have even asked that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

If it is a Euro 5 emission TDI they do The Fix', and if the DPF / EGR was A1 before, you are now buying a lottery ticket.

Thanks for the contact details. I just want to see if there is any mention of checking if vehicle needs any software updates in there. They state in an 'interim service' it will get the following "Vehicle & software enhancements from ŠKODA’s database". You would have thought with the premium you pay for buying from a Skoda dealership that items like the infotainment systems should be checked and updated. The one I've just got at the weekend the salesman made a big point about it having the Columbus in it but on checking the system info it's software is version 0292 (old version I take it) and the maps are from 2014. It's had a service every year (4) and been through the 'approved' multi check and looks like it's never been updated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

Just make sure you make an informed decision about a diesel ‘update’ ....as George intimated it might be a guaranteed losing ticket.

Put my VIN number in earlier '63 (december) plate Octavia VRS (CUPA engine) and apparently it's not affected. Even if it had been I wouldn't have had the 'fix'. 

Like GPFs, if they aren’t a desirable ‘feature’ you won’t see any advertising of the associated downside issues.

Get your petrol car before the GPF is standard.

?

Could someone with one say.

Where 2013 2.0 TDI Octavia vRS not part of the VW Defeat Device scandal and not ones that are part of VW's voluntary recall action?

or does the checker showing not affected because The Fix has been carried out?

As to the Multi Point Checks.

Why not just ask the salesperson to go pick up the Check List and show you it, and run off a copy with 

'The Trained Technicians, ticks and comments and signature?

Edited by AwaoffSki

I've got a 2014 2.0tdi cr150 and that's not affected by the scandal, if your car has had the fix then the website checker tool brings up a message saying that you have had it done. That's what happens with my girlfriend's Rapid when checking her VIN (and the have been no issues with it either).

• Thanks 1

Interesting to note that some VAG euro5 diesels were able to meet emissions limits legally........apparently.......hmmm.

Or haven’t they caught up to those simply because they weren’t ‘exposed’ in the U.S. and European legislators are still looking the other way as much as they think they can get away with, because the question is why not use that ecu on all their diesels?.

Just check that the check on each wheel/componant aren't totted up separately like Arnold Clark used to do.

Check tyre pressure = 5 (inc spare)

Check tread depth  = 10

Check for nails = 15

Check alloys for scratches = 20

Check wipers = 23

etc etc

60 point check added up to hee haw in the end

• Like 1

Check for their sake if Finance clear.

Check if a Write Off, but that only shows if someone claimed off the insurance.

Check if the potential customer wants to buy today after you have gone 4 times to get the manager to give the best price.

Check the car being traded in, call your mate see what they will give you for it.

Do a quick check on the Finance and approve that even if risky, take the deposit, then make formal application.

Check if you can get the car the customer wants, if not do not let on just say the 16 week order time should be fine.

If there is a car there, check the Arnold Clark, Fairbairn or what ever sticker is on.

Check that no car leaves without a squint registration plate.

5 hours ago, Ryeman said:

Interesting to note that some VAG euro5 diesels were able to meet emissions limits legally........apparently.......hmmm.

Or haven’t they caught up to those simply because they weren’t ‘exposed’ in the U.S. and European legislators are still looking the other way as much as they think they can get away with, because the question is why not use that ecu on all their diesels?.

Yes, if you look at the latest "real world" tests the cr150 TDI engine fitted to a golf sv comes out as one of the cleanest, and why when the same engine is fitted to different models are the results are quite different I do not know.

Were they a Euro 5 emissions that had no Defeat device and has Real World test results with the new test that match the EU Test Co2 g/km 

that they were given from the old testing inside a building ?   

Not even part of the 2016 Implausible / Irregular Co2 g/km investigations and a model that was found out to have errors in the testing?

http://skoda.co.uk/pages/fuel-consumption-statement.aspx 

?

Is there a list someplace of VW Group TDI Euro 5 engine vehicles from VW, Audi, Skoda, SEAT not part of the Dieselgate Scandal that did not have defeat devices so are not part of the VW Voluntary Recall.

Just so people can maybe look at buying one of those?

Edited by AwaoffSki

3 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Were they a Euro 5 emissions that had no Defeat device and has Real World test results with the new test that match the EU Test Co2 g/km 

that they were given from the old testing inside a building ?   

Not even part of the 2016 Implausible / Irregular Co2 g/km investigations and a model that was found out to have errors in the testing?

http://skoda.co.uk/pages/fuel-consumption-statement.aspx 

?

Is there a list someplace of VW Group TDI Euro 5 engine vehicles from VW, Audi, Skoda, SEAT not part of the Dieselgate Scandal that did not have defeat devices so are not part of the VW Voluntary Recall.

Just so people can maybe look at buying one of those?

Until they catch up to them too, perhaps.     Very odd business.

• 1 year later...

Just following up on this old thread..... did anyone ever get a list of what is included in their checks? Am contemplating travelling from Cornwall to Listers in Coventry to buy my first Yeti (1.2 TSI SE L ) and really don't want to be sat on the side of the A30 waiting for recovery on the drive home because someone didn't check the basics before letting me leave.

"Check that no car leaves without a squint registration plate."..... *s*******

Welcome.

Is it a Skoda Approved Used Car?

Contact them, get a list sent to you showing what that their 'Qualified factory trained technician' will be doing with the Workshop Comprehensive / Rigorous Safety Check.

Tell them the tyre pressures you want the car at when handed over.

Good luck with that.

Take a tyre pressure gauge with you, and check, reset the TPMS, check the oil level cold as the car is sitting and also the coolant level.

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 16.03.12.png

Edited by Skoffski

On 09/01/2018 at 15:35, Skoffski said:

If there is a car there, check the Arnold Clark, Fairbairn or what ever sticker is on.

Check that no car leaves without a squint registration plate.

I was approaching a UK plated vehicle in my way to work about 2weeks ago, noticed from about 150yds back the number plate wasnt sitting level..

Thought to myself... "oh look, its one of Arnold's cars" jokingly..

But as i was passing it, i could clearly read the Arnold Clarke name print on the plate, and the back window sticker also slightly squint :D

• 2 weeks later...

If it's anything like the Mercedes-Benz 109 point check, it'll be equally useless.

They failed to notice the tyre inflation kit was missing. The huge empty compartments in the boot clearly wasn't enough of a clue.

If having the car properly checked-over is important, then you might be as well paying £99 to the RAC...

image.thumb.png.8eb4f428e892d2ce13861e78c51e5e01.png