Spare wheel

Just one thing, my wife has an August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI 110PS SEL and it comes with 215/45 X 16 tyres, and the standard factory supplied spare wheel is a 15" steel.  I'm sure that there will be the correct sized steel wheel available out there somewhere, but maybe not from VW Group with the correct offset, width, bore, PCD and in 16", I don't mind being proved wrong though!

Edited by rum4mo
  • Thanks 1

Hi .. my car also has those 215/45/16 tyres  and the spare that came with the car is a 14.  The tyre on it is a 175/70 R14. The 14" rim is a 5J , ET35.

Over here, those 215/45 x16 tyres are not that mainstream, either.  Very few cars seem to use them. I had to make do with a very poor choice recently when getting replacement tyres. 

• Thanks 1

On the Fabia III the non space saver spare steel wheel is fitted with a 185 60 15 Tyre.

Look at the sizes listed behind the fuel filler flap on your car.

Try Oponeo ( Poland ) or  My Tyres ( Delti Germany ) for a new wheel and tyre together.

The 185 wide tyre will fit in the spare wheel hole without lifting the boot  floor up.

A 215 wide tyre will not fit flush with the spare wheel hole.

Hope this helps.

Thanks AG Falco

• Thanks 1

Or try,

BRISKODA  For Sale Wheel / Tyres, where people sometimes advertise Spare wheels and tool kits / inserts.

Or put a wanted ad up.

Spares with a 215 tyres fitted in a Mk2 fabia spare tyre well, does the floor lift on a Mk3?

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Thanks 1

I seem to remember that the floor, at least on the 6C Polo, or at least the lower level cover, is just soft stuff so it will be okay to have full sized 16" wheel in the boot, when you have the flexible boot floor, the rigid upper floor hides any bumpy/lumpy bits below! (ie hides tons of crap if that is what you store down there, winter kit etc etc etc)

Edit:- I'd expect what determines the diameter of the steel spare supplied will be the front disc size, up to 256mm will get 14", 288mm needs 15" minimum.

Another Edit:- my wife's Polo with 288mm front discs, came with 7J X 16H2 ET46 alloys and has a factory fitted steel spare 6R0 601 027E  which is 6J X 15H2 ET38 and the spare tyre is 185/60 X R15 84H so if your alloys are the same dimensions, the steel spare size I've mentioned will be okay.

Edited by rum4mo