Winter Tyres Speed Warning

Somehow,  I am now getting a winter tyre speed warning just before my intended speed warning.  Both at 75mph. Can't see how to remove the winter tyre warning (they are not fitted to my car). I can acknowledge my tyre pressures are ok- but no other options can be seen. Yet.

Thanks for pointing me at that. I now realise I just had to switch that option off. The other, wanted, speed warning is entirely controlled with the control stalk.:blush:

• Like 1

Not that confusing really is it?

The 'Winter Tyre fitted speed warning'  is required in some countries in the form of a sticker in the car the driver can see or coming up on the car.

Not all cars / vehicles are driven by only one driver or even ones that know what tyres are on the car or pressures are set, meaning warning or Winter Tyres is a Safety Feature..

So the manufacturer provided that.

Some might use that in the UK like at 75 mph so that is 'Over the speed limit warning'.  (75 mph, actually probably 70 mph, as the Speedo is over-reading...)

and then use the Speed limit warning' for the useful, 'might lose your licence warning'.  ie 100 mph or so.

Gives you 2 difference speeds you can set, 'simply clever' stuff.

q1knysu53tvx.jpg.4e1ada3f720ee205f49eb1098646499e.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki

20 hours ago, ords said:

Is this a feature of later cars?  My 2013 only has winter tyres speed warning.

I have both on my 2014 vRS, you have to enable the speed warning on the maxidot & then you can click the scroll Wheel to enable & disable the speed limit for the warning.

I have to admit, I found the warning the same way as Gregoir, it was enabled somehow & then I spent days trying to figure out how to turn off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gabbo said:

I have both on my 2014 vRS, you have to enable the speed warning on the maxidot & then you can click the scroll Wheel to enable & disable the speed limit for the warning.

I have to admit, I found the warning the same way as Gregoir, it was enabled somehow & then I spent days trying to figure out how to turn off.

Thanks