2018 Swift Sport.

leckman

^^^ Bargain Hot Hatch.  Less than a Renault Clio RS.

& About the same or less that VW asked for a VW Polo GTI 1.4TSI 180 ps Twincharger in 2010.

The Mini Cooper 138ps Auto is near £19,000 RRP,  but then you can get them for near £17,000.  just over £16,000 for a manual,

Much Cheapness, especially if Slightly Pre Owned / Registered,  getting punted by a Main Dealer.

Ford Fiesta 140ps ST-Line £18,000 or so RRP.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/suzuki/swift-sport/first-drives/suzuki-swift-sport-2018-review

If only Skoda had the balls to 1.8 TSI (replaced Polo gti) in an all new Fabia vRS.  Reverse their policy on MK3,might just boost sales .

Suzuki Swift Sport 2018 review hero front

The Swift Sport is great car for the money. Drove a mates a few months ago and whilst it didn’t have the power or torque my modded mk1 Fabia vRS has, it was soooo much more fun to drive. Handles like a go-cart and the high-revving engine wanted to be abused :D

Also great spec as standard. 

If I was looking for a new motor, this would be high up on the list at that price. (Assuming how it drives remains) 

Friend of mine has the 2010 Swift Sport SE somethingorother...

It's ridiculous and I don't know how he hasn't died from embarrassment, driving that thing around... oh, wait, yes I do - his car before was a clapped out old Micra!! :D

So they have finally manage to break away from it being an Oxymoron like Skoda Rapid ?

I guess they realised having a car that up until this latest would be slower in realt world than the late Fabia vRS diesel its very hard to call a supermini :D

Thats not cheap but probably one of the cheaper of the small performers, with the Hyundai being about 5k more $$$

( but spending that bit more you get a lot more car for the money, same goes for an octy/golf gti, 208 gti etc IMO from either a practicality or petrol head stance ). I guess this will appeal to some of the youngsters that aspire to try to be as fast.....

On 4/17/2018 at 16:51, vrskeith said:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/suzuki/swift-sport/first-drives/suzuki-swift-sport-2018-review

If only Skoda had the balls to 1.8 TSI (replaced Polo gti) in an all new Fabia vRS.  Reverse their policy on MK3,might just boost sales .

Suzuki Swift Sport 2018 review hero front

If only VW had the heart to let Skoda be the more free independant car brand making decisions in its own right like it ought to be, like Seat.

- I will read that as.
Top down decisions from VW appointed CEO and the like playing out the puppet motions required of them, rather than looking to expand the Skoda brand.

Sales of the vRS petrol turbo was pretty poor something like a 1/3 of the diesel equivalent
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=fabia+vrs&commit=Search

Now compare with the Monte Carlo - this fits in better with the sporty looking but not really sporty cars that are easy to sell market they want for Skoda ( we are seeing this everywhere now with these S line, ST line, and for a longer time the BMW "M" sport wannabee models

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=fabia+monte

There current apiration with Fabia/Skoda is keep simple, limited range rather than replicate the choices they have with VW sadly. The demand must be there or it just won't happen. Where they went wrong on sales at least was not making the mk2 diesel.
Of course that horse has bolted and now if anything its the smaller petrol turbos that sell easier and as we all know diesel sales are supressed so not much chance with a reasonably priced diesel vRS fabia now

I must say my Fabia 1 vRS I had from new from 06 though, truly seemed like a bargain at the time especially after I negotatied with it being near end of Year ( I had mine for 11.5K new) and 0%. And makes  the current round of stuff, including that suzuki , seem very expensive to me even if you factor in 10 years of inflation. No thanks.

Edited by vRSAnt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As an owner of a Swift (albeit a Boosterjet SHVS) and a subscriber to Car Magazine I have to say that I don't really concur with some of their findings in the articles - such as the infotainment gripes (works perfectly for me and with good sound quality) and the seat height (yes it's high but it gives a good view out and I'm not one for sitting on the floor trying to look over the dashboard).  The dashboard is hard - yes - but very robust and certainly up to the job - it also looks massively better than the Up! one and I've only had one occurrence of the collision avoidance stepping in when I'd rather it didn't.  I totally agree it's a great handling little car though and thoroughly fun to drive.

Maybe I'm biased but the review of the regular Swift (linked in the article) seemed to be much more balanced.

I've been resisting this but...

1. ICE - Maybe you read the manual?
  2. Seat height. I agree. I have my seat (adjustable height) set as high as the car headroom allows.
  3. Dashboard. Whenever I see complaints about "hard plastics" I wonder just who in the real world actually pokes their dash regularly (switchgear aside).
  • Like 1