2018 Engine Emission Light

I took delivery of a 2018 Skoda Superb Sportline Estate 140Kw DSG in March, and have had the following issue:

After just 263 miles called Skoda UK helpline who dispatched a VAG Technician due to Engine Emission Light on dashboard, and he carried out the following:

• SCR System Test, 15733 P20EE00 SCR NOX CATALYST EFFICIENCY, BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1 CATALYST 1

After 1138 miles same again and advised same issue as before awaiting software fix

After 2304 miles same again, and this note added - TPX for this fault 2050115/1 say's DO NOT CARRY OUT ANY REPAIRS, A SOLUTION IS BEING LOOKED AT, SOFTWARE UPDATE CAN ONLY ERASE ECU

After 2631 miles same again and advised if fault comes back to refer to dealer.

Has anyone else experienced this, as they are very slow to roll out updates, I have attached copies of the Breakdown reports to date for information.

Breakdown Reports.pdf

If it was purely software all cars with your engine/software build would have the same issue, some of the hardware isn't working as it should. 

I would be back at the dealer and considering rejection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IJWS15 said:

I would be back at the dealer and considering rejection.

+1.

and insist upon a replacement car until its resolved. once is unlucky. three times on a 5 week old car completely unacceptable. does it go into limp mode? if so, reject on safety.

i wish you luck. i've found the dealer network lacking. its taken mine 1 whole day to inspect a grinding from steering rack/wishbone, now i have to wait 9 working days for them to get the parts and book it in for a fix which will take another full day. 9 days for some parts is acceptable, but 9 days to wait for them to supply a tub of grease so they can grease the bushes is ridiculous. thankfully i'm voluntary terminating my PCP this month so it won't be my problem. 

ps - when my car was without problem - its was an okay car which got me from A-B in a nice manner - but when problems occur i've found the resolution awful compared to other manufacturers.

Picked my SEL (150 TDI DSG) up on Saturday, and I'll keep an eye out for that.  However its done around 180 miles since Saturday and I haven't had hide-nor-hair of a fault yet.  It does approx 50-100miles per day on a working day so if its going to appear, and its a software fault, I'd expect it to appear shortly.

• 11 months later...
On 01/05/2018 at 19:30, MartL said:

Thanks all, will keep you all posted

MartL

Hi, what was the outcome of this in the end

I have mine booked into the dealership tomorrow as I had the engine management light come on the other day, scanned using ODB-eleven and had the NOx fault code

Would be good to go in armed with some info before they fob me off

Cheers

• 3 years later...
On 30/04/2018 at 13:08, MartL said:

I took delivery of a 2018 Skoda Superb Sportline Estate 140Kw DSG in March, and have had the following issue:

After just 263 miles called Skoda UK helpline who dispatched a VAG Technician due to Engine Emission Light on dashboard, and he carried out the following:

• SCR System Test, 15733 P20EE00 SCR NOX CATALYST EFFICIENCY, BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1 CATALYST 1

After 1138 miles same again and advised same issue as before awaiting software fix

After 2304 miles same again, and this note added - TPX for this fault 2050115/1 say's DO NOT CARRY OUT ANY REPAIRS, A SOLUTION IS BEING LOOKED AT, SOFTWARE UPDATE CAN ONLY ERASE ECU

After 2631 miles same again and advised if fault comes back to refer to dealer.

Has anyone else experienced this, as they are very slow to roll out updates, I have attached copies of the Breakdown reports to date for information.

Breakdown Reports.pdf

I am suffering from the same code fault P20EE00. I have been told on 7th January 2023 that some software is being written but with no date for this to be rolled out. What happened in your case? 

A NOx efficency fault is generally caused by a few things;

-Faulty NOx sensor

-Blocked adblue injector

-Poor quality adblue

-SCR Cat not getting to temperature

These are the fairly common causes and id be looking at a possibly blocked adblue injector nozzle which has crystalised on the tip

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2023 at 15:50, ApertureS said:

A NOx efficency fault is generally caused by a few things;

-Faulty NOx sensor

-Blocked adblue injector

-Poor quality adblue

-SCR Cat not getting to temperature

These are the fairly common causes and id be looking at a possibly blocked adblue injector nozzle which has crystalised on the tip

Thanks for this. Skoda state it is a software issue and they have no release date for the update. I have returned the car under The Consumer Regulations Act 2015 and the dealer refunded me the purchase price. Mind you they did initially try to charge me a quid for each mile I had driven until I quoted the Act. 

• Thanks 1

I was flirting with the idea of buying a 2022 skoda superb estate TDI 150 Manual to replace my sportline estate, but Im quite concerned about the constant issues I seem to be coming accross on forums regarding Ad Blu systems , on mercedes especially , I know the earlier Ad blu cars had problems , But can anyone tell me are they still experiencing issues with the latest TDI Ad Blu systems ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2023 at 15:45, toot said:

@SomersetSkodaSuperbWho actually from SKODA told you that about the Software Update on a car from 2020? 

Was that someone at a Skoda Dealership or from SKODA.

?

Are Skoda CZ / UK just buying back faulty cars that can not be fixed from owners?  

870001910_Screenshot2023-01-0913_33_56.jpg.1f280cf19f68232da039c11a127bd6d9.jpg

My vehicle was a MY19 Superb L&K 190BHP diesel hatchback - Index MD19WUY incase any members see it and are tempted to buy it - personally I wouldn't. I was told that my vehicle required a software update that hadn't been released as yet to prevent the EML from illuminating with the fault code. 

Below is a cut and paste from the Sales Manager at the Skoda dealership I purchased the vehicle from. I was also told that my vehicle needed the software update from Skoda Customer Service when I contacted them. I asked which vehicles were impacted by this fault as I didn't know if it was the model, engine or MY that was where the fault lay  as I hoped to avoid buying another one with it. Skoda wouldn't divulge that information. I felt that given there was a software update being written there had to be a considerable number with a similar issue but on other forums and here there wasn't much feedback. 

I managed to return the vehicle and get my full purchase price back but it was a difficult and inconvenient process. 

Skoda sales manager email to me 

'He (the service manager) has also given the part of the report which states SKODA are aware of the software issue causing the EML light to appear and have released the following comments –

• The entry in the event memory (P20EE) does not lead to any limitations of the vehicle functions.
  • Safe vehicle operation is guaranteed.
  • No damage to parts (Explain this situation to the customer).

These are the official instructions we have been given from the factory.

I understand it must be frustrating buying a new vehicle and having a warning light appearing on the dashboard, but please rest assured that as soon as the software update becomes available, we will contact you straight away so this can be booked in. I also thought it might be reassuring to know that with the statement above being from the factory, they have guaranteed that you will not suffer any mechanical issues with the vehicle due to the light being illuminated.

I do apologies for the inconvenience this has caused but with any luck the fix will be out soon and you can start to enjoy your new car!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SomersetSkodaSuperb said:

they have guaranteed that you will not suffer any mechanical issues with the vehicle due to the light being illuminated.

All well and good until you come to sell the car, then what?

1 hour ago, Gammyleg said:

All well and good until you come to sell the car, then what?

I didn’t have any intention of selling the vehicle. However, I was concerned that the dealerships initial response was basically just drive it with the EML on and don’t worry which is all well and good but if another fault happens you won’t know as the EML is already on. Furthermore when it comes to the MOT it won’t pass. Thankfully I was within 30 days of purchasing the vehicle and so could reject it but Skoda only did this because I had the law on my side otherwise it would have been tough luck. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, superbuser35 said:

Couldn't find anything that would help me get closer to solving the problem. Car is Superb 2018, 2.0, 140 kw, L&K.

Once in a month I get also P20EE00 - scr nox catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1 catalyst 1

Any experience here how to move on ? 

IMG_3892 (1).PNG

Have you checked the NOx injector?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, superbuser35 said:

Am I right when I say that the injector that needs checking/cleaning is the one in the video below ?

Yes that’s an adblue injector but yours may be located down the back of the engine visible from the top. You also may not be able to fully remove from the car as it will have coolant lines connected to it also 

I guess were talking this item: 04L131113P - Weird is that I cant find any topic or video about Škoda Superb AdBlue urea injector problem or Škoda at all...Would be nice to read or watch video :) Does anybody have it to share ?

Was there any software released when this 15733/P20EE came to be a trouble ? 

04L131113P.JPG

adblueurea.JPG

Edited by superbuser35

5 hours ago, superbuser35 said:

I found myself thinking that if change NOx sensors locations ? Then see if the error comes up with different ?

What do you mean change the location?

So, today my car went to online diagnostics, because of this P20EE00 - scr nox catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1 catalyst 1 error.

The result was that engine software must be update ? But they can't do it (diagnostic was done by local workshop, not the dealer)

I got diagnostics raport also. I attached it. 

Also I sent it to dealer to understand, what we can do to solve this problem. Is here anyone, who have been the same issue ?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG