Euro 6d temp

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything about the post September Skoda ranges and if they will meet 6d temp or only 6c.

i can’t find anything for most of the vw group which isn’t great.

basically if it doesn’t meet 6d temp, then you don’t meet the rde real world limits of 2.1 times the lab emissions.

obviously anything that doesn’t meet that is as good as useless when it come to emissions charges or resale value.

• 2 months later...

On 06/06/2018 at 11:37, cheezemonkhai said:

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything about the post September Skoda ranges and if they will meet 6d temp or only 6c.

i can’t find anything for most of the vw group which isn’t great.

basically if it doesn’t meet 6d temp, then you don’t meet the rde real world limits of 2.1 times the lab emissions.

obviously anything that doesn’t meet that is as good as useless when it come to emissions charges or resale value.

This German website by ADAC details all manufacturers' car engines currently meeting the Euro 6d TEMP emission standard: https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

It's clear Skoda still have some work to do ... as of today these are the models meeting the standard:

Skoda    Citigo 1.0 MPI    Otto    999    44    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Citigo 1.0 MPI    Otto    999    55    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Fabia 1.0 MPI    Otto    999    55    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Fabia 1.0 TSI    Otto    999    70    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Fabia 1.0 TSI    Otto    999    81    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Rapid 1.0 TSI    Otto    999    70    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Rapid 1.0 TSI    Otto    999    81    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Octavia 1.0 TSI    Otto    999    85    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Octavia 1.5 TSI ACT    Otto    1498    110    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Octavia 1.6 TDI    diesel    1598    85    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Karoq 1.0 TSI    Otto    999    85    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18    
Skoda    Karoq 1.6 TDI    diesel    1598    85    Euro 6d TEMP    Jul. 18

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Fair to say st least it’s progress.

Well hardly compared to many of Skoda and VAG's direct competition, who seem to be well advanced and ready and able to supply vehicles after 1st September.

'Tis no wonder Skoda are having to resort to plan B and lease Milovice airfield for open-air storage of thousands of vehicles awaiting type approval, while customers remain unable to order many models, and those who have ordered have no real idea as to delivery times.  

• Like 1

I’m cancelling mine for a combination of WLTP and helped along by a “we’re delaying putting motion detectors in the kessy keys” response I received.

It is a real shame, at least in the UK, as customer service seems to have gone down as costs went up. Still some great value cars, but I get the impression they don’t care about their customers as much now they have more.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Like 2