Return of the non-Scout/vRS 4x4 DSG?

I was looking for car depreciation info here:
https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/tools/car-costs-calculator
and noticed that the options available in the dropdowns for Octavia Estates include:

• 2.0 TDI CR SE L 4x4 5dr DSG (2018 onwards)
  • 2.0 TSI 190 SE L 4x4 5dr DSG (2018 onwards)
  • 2.0 TSI 190 Scout 4x4 5dr DSG (2018 onwards)

Although there was a wider choice of 4x4 options in previous years, in the current brochure the only 4x4 DSG options seem to be the vRS and Scout diesels with 184 PS engines.

And I'm not sure there are any 4x4 petrols at all at the moment?

I also think I saw a 4x4 DSG SE L mentioned as 'coming soon' on a dealer website somewhere.

So are there more 4x4 DSGs options coming in MY19?

Interesting.

To be fair, a vRS 230 or 245 (or more) petrol 4x4 is what many of us are after. 

TSI 190 doesn’t really do it for me. But, it’s a start! 

Edited by dunc69

The 4x4 estates with the 1.8 TSi have continued to be available in other markets, but not in the UK for a few years.

Would make sense possibly to replace the 1.8 with the 2.0 introduced in the Kodiak which is a 190?

Well that looks fairly conclusive.  The petrol 4x4 estate returns!  (just a year too late for me). Looks like the L&K/Scout too. 

image.png.399cff30786550eaa873f6f6b6ec188d.png

Edited by juan27

9 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Also wonder the same.... is the 190 mechanically identical to the 220/230/245 variants? If so should map very well.

Until you find out if it has the IS12 or the IS20 you wont really know. I suspect it will have the IS12 but have not seen it written anywhere I trust. 

• Like 1

VW recently started putting the 1.8 tsi engine in the alltrack so I wonder if they're starting to introduce it more widely now. Prior to that the alltrack, like the Scout, could only be had here with the Diesel engine. 

• 2 months later...

I see the 2.0 TSI 190 DSG is on the configurator now but not with 4x4 yet. Having read around and assuming it is the same as the kodiaq engine you are looking at about 260ps stage 1. 

I think a 260ps scout would be right up my street. 

I'm not sure but I'm guessing its mostly the turbo and internals are the same as the Vrs Engines. I'm sure more info will come to hand as they start appearing in the coming months. I was thinking of a Superb 280 but I could be tempted by one of these. Its a more sensible size for my use and it weighs a couple of hundred KG less, should go well with a map. 

• 3 weeks later...