Sos fault on dash

Hi i have just come out of the supermarket started car and now have a fault with sos emergency and columbus unit wont power on.  Has anyone experienced this/or know od a fix?   I did a 260 mile trip yesterday with no issues whatsoever. 

IMG_20180812_130754.thumb.jpg.bbc52f89ab4747ee39c8cb8e6ee24fa9.jpg

Thanks, ive not had battery problems, as car is still very new as can see just under 2000 miles.  I think those faults appeared when i disconnected the battery as it was just the sos fault... Ive tried clearing faults but as soon as i drove off it all cleared from dash including the sos....  Did a 50mile round trip and all seems ok... Gonna have to keep an eye out and see if it returns. I suspect its just the sos fault.

Glad to hear you got it sorted. The initial description of it with the follow up in the thread reminded me of another thread about rodents chewing through the wiring harness causing similar symptoms. I can't remember who posted that one but hopefully the same hasn't happened to you.

13 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

Glad to hear you got it sorted. The initial description of it with the follow up in the thread reminded me of another thread about rodents chewing through the wiring harness causing similar symptoms. I can't remember who posted that one but hopefully the same hasn't happened to you.

If only someone had posted a link to that thread :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Its sounds like your infotainment system crashed, it happens to me every now and then and thats when I get the SOS error, goes away quickly though when the infotainment system reboots.

It happens most often when using CarPlay (most often is still not frequent) and a very rare time on its own.

I find that a soft rest (hold power button for 10sec until Skoda logo shows) every now and then helps reduce the gremlins.

Thanks for info, i had literally started car up from being at the supermarket and the sos warning light came on straight away and columbus was dead....   I didnt know about the soft reset so will try that if it happens again... Rather than disconnecting the battey lol