E10 Fuel?

Mikhail

Hi all, after a slight argument with someone about the introduction of E10 fuel in the future. It then made me think, is the 1.0 TSI in the Fabia Mk3 compatible with the E10 petrol? Ours is one of the last pre facelift (so no particulate filter)... What do you think?...

Excerpt from an EU document.:-

Škoda: E10 petrol is cleared for use in all following Škoda vehicles with petrol engines with the following exception:  Felicia 1.3l OHV (40kw and 50kW) engines used in Felicia models in the production years 1994 to 2001 and before. A retrofit option exists for these engines to make them compatible with the use of E10 petrol – owners are advised to consult their dealer.

• Like 1

95E10 is the only 95 octane petrol fuel available here in Finland and Fabia is totally fine with that. So are basically all other common modern petrol engines.

We also have 98E5 but that's mostly for more exotic and/or older cars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikhail said:

Hi all, after a slight argument with someone about the introduction of E10 fuel in the future. It then made me think, is the 1.0 TSI in the Fabia Mk3 compatible with the E10 petrol? Ours is one of the last pre facelift (so no particulate filter)... What do you think?...

i have a 1.0 TSI 95 and its got the particulate filter on it as i ask the dealer about it and they say all 1.0 TSI have them .

so when it come to E10 fuel i be careful but i can't see it being in the uk for a long time.as we are not set up for it to many cars won't run on it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terryat said:

I regularly fill up with E10 when in Normandy. My Fabia seems to run fine on it.

Why wouldn't it? According to the EU there is no problem on most current vehicles.

8 minutes ago, peter3197 said:

Why wouldn't it? According to the EU there is no problem on most current vehicles.

It would of course. I thought this thread was questioning it so I thought I'd give my experience. Sorry if I got it wroing.

11 minutes ago, terryat said:

It would of course. I thought this thread was questioning it so I thought I'd give my experience. Sorry if I got it wroing.

sorry if you thought I was knocking what you said, not my intention.

All new cars must be able to run on E10 (maximum 10 % ethanol) in the fuel. In Finland this fuel was introduced a couple of years back. The first year the newspapers were full of horror stories of how the corrosive ethanol fuel burned through brake discs etc :), but after that things have settled. If you don't need the higher octane and have a car from around 2001 or newer, there are no issues with using 95E10

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

So if you have a Euro 6 emissions gasoline / petrol engine check what the Manufacturer of those engines say,

and the Governments in the country you are in about the fuels and the bio and the ethanol, then you decide if they are right wrong or who cares.

Australia like the Americas, South & North, is not on the European Continent.  There are smart people there though.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1