Sound absorber for engine bonnet

OndrejMensik

Hi,

after some reserch,I have found Sound absorber for engine lid sound abs. for engine bonnet

1S0863831A

Can buy here -

https://m.oemvwshop.com/1S0863831A-sound-absorber-for-engine-lid-sound-abs-for-engine-bonnet-p1508610/

or maybe there -

https://www.obautodily.cz/skoda-citigo-volkswagen-up-kryt-do-kapoty-proti-hluku-original-10697cz911/

I'm planing to buy it later this year for my citigo 2017 - 75PH,kiwi green ;-)

So far I have installed rear wheel arches,mudflaps,chrome door strips,arm rest and carpet in the boot.

Wish you all have a lot of happy miles with a citigo!

Haubendämpfung.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I'm quite sure if there is a product number available it could be ordered from our local Skoda's dealer. In this way we wouldn't have to pay for P&P.

What clips are needed to attach liner?

Edited by P3P5I
typo

On 10/09/2018 at 02:08, OndrejMensik said:

So far I have installed (...) arm rest....

Did You bought it from Skoda or was it an aftermarket one? How was the installation? Short review maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Product is not available from Skoda dealerships as its being restricted to VW's ONLY. So You could order it via VW dealer or from one of authorised VW part stockist such as TPS.

It can be purchased HERE here altough shipping costs may be to high in relation to the part price.

1S0863831A - liner itself its priced at ~33EUR;

8E0863727A - liner clips at 0.39EUR/each. These ones are Skoda/VAG parts so our local dealers shouldn't have problem sourcing them.

• 2 weeks later...

It only get better... :dull:

As the Bonnet liner cannot be bought from Skoda UK and shipping charges from mainland Europe for this part are just ridiculously high I've decided to enquire with Volkswagen UK. To my surprise i have received reply from Skoda UK with my full registration number quoted in a reply although I never given those details when sending my enquiry?!

I have discussed your query with our Parts Support Team and they have confirmed that the part number 1S0863831A cannot be used for your vehicle.  The reason is that this part would not fit your ŠKODA CITIGO due to there is a different bonnet on your vehicle to what is on the Volkswagen UP!

So can someone explain to me, how it's possible that THIS part is available for Skoda's in Europe?

Bit of an update.

Visited one of my local VW dealers, gave them the part number for the bonnet liner and following day, my order was ready to be collected 😁

NOTE: Part number 1S0863831A already comes with necessary clips, so there is NO NEED to order them separately.

DSC_4667_1280.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thought about fitting this to my Greentech Citigo - but the little grunting engine is not that noisey,and even quieter when it shuts down.........which it does a lot of the time for me. But -the underbonnet doesn't look finished without one fitted.

I have emailed a continental part supplier here in the UK on their price ,as it needs to be justified at probably £30.00plus........

What we need is a decibel meter in the car...........

Edited by Blackcountryman

There is no need to contact continental dealers, just pop to your local VW dealer and order it there, make sure you go to the parts department. Should not cost more than 32 pounds.

On the noise levels I can only say, that so called "grunting" seem to be slightly softer.

• 6 months later...

I've just bought a 2016 Citigo for getting around town. I wanted to put a few mods in so I'm planning on doing the rear wheel arches when the weather is a bit warmer, but the bonnet sound absorber seemed like an easy place to start. The part number is W1S0 863 831 A and it comes with the clips already in place. The part was about £33.

Note that there are seven clips but the Citigo only has space for five. You can see in my photo that I took the other two clips out so they didn't vibrate loose and fall into the engine compartment.

Overall the fitting took about 2 minutes and the engine noise is reduced and a bit more muffled. Good easy mod.

IMG_20191214_121729.jpg

I suppose if you wanted you could drill two further holes carefully with a hand drill,and fit the two other clips.

not sure if the later facelifted bonnets will accept this insulation,dealers couldn't tell me,and I 'm not prepared to order it just to send it back.

Noise is all subjective anyway,gotten use to the grunt/groan by now......

• 7 months later...
On 14/12/2019 at 18:55, Blackcountryman said:

...the later facelifted bonnets will accept this insulation....

it fits perfectly ma Dad's FL Citigo. The inner skin on all Citigo/Mii/Up is the same. they differ on the outside only.

dealers couldn't tell me...

Thats typicall. They had told me straight away that this liner is a VW part  so it cannot be ordered from Skoda. Additionally, because it is not a skoda part, it wil NOT fit 😆

Well, on recent Citigos, compared with Ups! the bonnet is a very different shape (it's nicer!). It has a kind of wide-V-shaped bulge down the centre line....

I imagine the Up! part can be bodged to fit. It probably wouldn't give me £32 (?) of benefit as the engine is very quiet. It's road roar that is the main issue with these.

£32 will buy me me 8 bottles of table wine though....

Edited by freemansteve

15 minutes ago, freemansteve said:

Well, on recent Citigos, compared with Ups! the bonnet is a very different shape (it's nicer!). It has a kind of wide-V-shaped bulge down the centre line....

Bonnet itself consist of to parts inner skin and outer skin. yes, You are absolutely correct, to outer shape is different between all vehicles in range (citigo/Mii/). Altough inner shell/skin remain the same.

As mentioned before, I have a 2014 Citigo, my Dad have late 2017 Citigo, same liner fits both.

In fact the last time I looked, I spotted a random piece of plastic under the "scuttle insert" below the bonnet at the base of the windscreen (the bit where water drains, and where we check the holes aren't blocked!). Popped the plastic insert up and removed Part# KDS 1SO 827645. Turns out that is a cover plate for the tailgate lock mechanism. I can only assume it was "Happy Beer Afternoon" when my car was assembled.   Anyone needing that part, let me know!