just bought

alistan

Hi am new here just bought a 2010 Skoda Roomster 1.6 16V SE Tiptronic 5-Door with 52,000 full service history, me and wife always had the nissan pairie and then serenas loved em,  so this Roomster and had to have it, god so much room for a small car, and bits are so cheap aswell anyone with any advice that i should lookout for thanks again....

Welcome.

Does the Full Service History show that other than Oil & Filter changes other Service Parts were changed.

Pollen Filters, Air Filter recently, Spark Plugs ever, Brake fluid changed at 3 years then at 5 years and 7 years or ever done?

Best check if the Service History shows done to the Manufacturers Guidelines.

(The Tiptronic gearbox does not require a fluid change as far as i know, but check that incase that changed in the past 8 years.)

Hello and welcome to Briskoda, Alistan!

Can't help you with regards to your specific engine.

Think you should find plenty of help on here, and advice too if wanted.

Yours is 3 years younger than mine, so would not expect any driver door and hatch gaiter wiring issues for a while.........

Richard.

@Offski

the services are showing 2 spark plug changes, last one at 49,000 with brake fluid change, oil and all filters, can't see anything to do with cam chain???

@RichardatWakefield

thanks for reply Richard, is this somthing i have to look out for, driver door and hatch gaiter wiring issues !!! 

thanks to all for your info... 

• Like 1

Hi Alistan,

Your car is 3years younger, and possibly lower miles too. No telling when/if faults may pop up, depends how often the relevant gaitered wiring clusters have been flexed, so a low-mileage car could have been doing lots of short trips to the shops, and thus a lot of opening/closing of doors and hatch.

My hatch gaiter wiring went awry in May 17 (so 10yrs, and c85k miles). Fault was hatch lock stopped latching.  Others have had different wires break so different symptoms. We found some wires broken totally, others insulation cracked.

Driver door gaiter wiring  this August so 11yrs and c93k miles, in my case the passenger-side front electric window stopped working. (Rears are manual wind-up).

Again, different cars have had different faults arise, through wires going brittle in the driver-side door loom. Again, some wires broken, some on their way out.

HTH.

thanks RichardatWakefield

Well if it happens at least I’ll know were to look now, the wife loves Roomster and I can’t keep the grandkids out of it, to be honest it’s certainly growing on me now, just a shame it’s no longer in production !!
thanks again for the info...

• Like 1

It has brilliant access and you can get into front or back seats without bending double. I strap my grandson son in the back virtually standing up. It is a car to keep with many virtues.

Edited by edbostan
  • Like 1

Hi again Alistan,

In another part of this section, Morgana is seeking help/ advice re fuel consumption.  Sounds like you have similar if not identical engine/gearbox combination to hers, so perhaps, if you've done any fuel consumption calculations, you could add to her post?

Just a thought!

Glad you and your family are enjoying discovering just how versatile a car this is!

@ edbostan the roomy growing on me now, I’ve come down from Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8CRD Auto Diesel - LIMITED XS FULLY LOADED And before that two N Serena’s and a N prairie, am amazed with my little roomy roomster...

@ RichardatWakefield, I have only covered 30 mile since I bought the roomy but I will certainly monitor fuel consumption and post to Morgana, as I was getting around 40mpg on a long run from my Voyager 2.8CRD Auto...

Plus RichardatWakefield I have found some common faults with the roomy:
Rear parking sensor fault, broken parcel self clips, and to fit running day lights, found answers on here and parts on eBay.