Petrol prices

Sad555

I was going to put fuel prices but today petrol was £124.7 lt and diesel £134.7 so it appears we’re being steered away from dirty diesel,until the next time!

I am only seeing 6 or 7 pence more for diesel a litre than petrol not 10 pence difference at any filling stations i pass.

3 pence a £1 back with a 123 Santander Card, 10 pence a litre off with Tesco Voucher after a £60 shop, and Points at Tesco Pumps using Clubcard.

So mostly buying Diesel at TESCO presently.

Where i go anyway for Tesco Momentum 99 when wanting petrol.

• Like 1

I don't usually look at petrol prices as I'm only interested in the price of Diesel , but I've only noticed a few pence difference locally. But in the Midlands ( within 20 miles of Coventry) it's a case of a tale of many Asda stores. Locally derv is 133, Tamworth it's 126-7 and last time I looked Leamington was 131, with the local Texaco lot charging 136-137 for derv.

Personally, SWIMBO likes to shop once a week in Tamworth .Furby gets a good blast and with Sainsbury and Asda opposite each other prices are keen. I buy about 15 litres ,Swinbo gets her 15 points and a chance to shop in stores in a town where parking is not a problem ,where they have more than one horse. ( One horse town )

Checked a few in my area yesterday before refuelling (Surrey - SW London borders)

At most stations petrol was 131, did find one at 129, and saw one at 133  so more expensive here than up North

diesel seems to be 5p or 6p more

Only buy Shell V-Power which is holding steady at £1.429 per litre for the last few weeks (usually buy 42-46 litres) and a tank costs between £60-£65. Only choice locally is BP ultimate or basic Morrisons unleaded (always a queue).3 Important things maintaining a car, good quality fuel, oil and keeping those tyre pressures accurate (good for economy and tyre life). Costs me about 15 pence per mile for this fuel as averaging just over 40mpg.:biggrin:

On 04/11/2018 at 14:30, shyVRS245 said:

Only buy Shell V-Power which is holding steady at £1.429 per litre for the last few weeks (usually buy 42-46 litres) and a tank costs between £60-£65. Only choice locally is BP ultimate or basic Morrisons unleaded (always a queue).3 Important things maintaining a car, good quality fuel, oil and keeping those tyre pressures accurate (good for economy and tyre life). Costs me about 15 pence per mile for this fuel as averaging just over 40mpg.:biggrin:

Only buy Tesco Momentum 99 Ron Tesco, Bridlington £134.9p..............

• Like 1

It only makes sense to switch fuels if you're chopping the car in anyway. Otherwise you'll never make back the preceived saving.

• Like 3

Bl00dy easy to hypermile in a diesel with torrential rain,

then the temperature dropping,

average speed cameras,

coasting function,

VW defeat device

and a wee remap.

Just seen an ASDA with 13 pence between Unleaded and Diesel,  i filled up at Tesco though.  10 pence off voucher and 3 pence back on the £1 from Santander.

DSCN2346.JPG

DSCN2349.JPG

DSCN2359.JPG

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Well I have no choice but to use the free car I was given, so cost-efficiency isn't a factor.... but despite only ever using premium diesel (now over £1.50/L) and spending a lot of time sat in traffic these days (seriously, are people driving on the M4 with their eyes shut?), I still spend less on fuel in a month than my wife and her petrol vehicle do in a week!!

11 hours ago, Offski said:

Not less cost effective if you own a diesel and get great economy / mpg from it.   Hardly cost effective to chop it in,  pay thousands more to get a petrol engine one that would not to the job you want if it for the same mpg. 

Quite agree .....BUT when the government tried to persuade motorist to go diesel  more economic but £1000 plus more expensive many were swayed  and I think they are trying to manipulate motorist again towards petrol.

Edited by Sad555

Are you saying that the UK Government are colluding with Fuel Suppliers in inflating the Wholesale Price and Retail Price of Heavy Oil Road Fuel.

The RAC & AA are saying the suppliers are at it on pricing, surely they will know if the UK Treasury, HMRC, Government Ministers or Peers of the Realm, 

George Osborne's father in law type person are at it.....

http://gilgamesh-publishing.co.uk/energy-empires-in-collision.html

Diesel is what transport the UK's goods, increases causes inflation and also makes many people worse off....

Lord Heseltine owner of Haymarket Media Group, Autocar, What Car, Pistonheads and also financial journals would tell us 

if we were being robbed by the Government surely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_Media_Group

Edited by Offski

16 hours ago, Offski said:

Diesel is what transport the UK's goods, increases causes inflation and also makes many people worse off....

But diesel has been proven to kill kids, now. Scientists have proven, studies have shown, etc...

Buy electric....

• Haha 1

They really need to get on with those Electric HGV's & LGV's, Car Transporters, Cattle Trucks, Milk / Fuel Tankers, Coaches & Busses etc that can travel distances in the UK and not just in Cities.

Hydrogen ones as well and the infrastructure for fueling.  

Just the UK Government to move their backsides.  

Something with a bit more than 80 miles between charges might need producing.

Town to town, city to city type ranges....

Morning to night or 24 hours haulage with only a couple of hours break per driver is not going to work keeping the UK Economy and goods rolling along.

@ 11 minutes 20.  Woooo amazeballs.  Not!

Edited by Offski