Bridgestone A005

Kenrw8

what size and ££

going to need some rears soon i think...present ones are 205/45R16 83W...Kumho ECSTA KU 39

i am looking for a good mileage/wet/noise charachteristics

cheers

geof

Went for 195 45 16s @£80 fitted a corner from small local independent tyre fitting centre. These are directional tyres. And 195s not 205s as I've noticed the Speedo at 60 mph is about 3mph slower according to gps speed and 195 should reduce this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kenrw8 said:

Went for 195 45 16s @£80 fitted a corner from small local independent tyre fitting centre. These are directional tyres. And 195s not 205s as I've noticed the Speedo at 60 mph is about 3mph slower according to gps speed and 195 should reduce this.

thanks...

my local tyre shop...shows these for my car...how do they compare with your outlet...just for interest on £££ comparison...i mean to pay for say-fty

the ratings are good.!!

https://www.redruth-tyres.co.uk/TyreSearch/Details/102457/Bridgestone+Turanza+T005+20545R16

Edited by mrcrow

Using "will they fit" web site calculator  standard Fabia tyres of 195 45 15 on which I think are 5.5  inch rim to the 6 inch 205 45 16 Alloy option that my Elegance has.

The Speedo at 60 would be doing 56 mph, so Speedo at 64 is 60 mph.

Rather than get new rims dropping to 195 45 16 Speedo at 60 is 61mph which is as nearest damm it correct.

That's assuming that there's no change in gearing when changing to larger option tyres when ordering a new car. I bought as used not from new.

I don't think car makers build with different gear ratios when a buyer selects a larger wheel diameter, they select a tyre size based on the site you linked too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AGFalco said:

195 55 15 maybe?

Thanks AG Falco

Your right my bad.

So 1955515 to 1954516 Speedo at 60 speed is +1.4 mph compared to 205s of 0.5 mph. But as my car is on 2054516 has Speedo at 60 with GPS at 56 the Speedo will still have better accuracy at 58.6 with 1954516 which what I want. 

Thanks AG Falcon and Offski for inputs.

• Like 1

AG Falco,

Thanks for that link but I'm happily buying from a local independent not mytyres or tirendo which is a condition required to get the voucher.

On my 4 tyres with Tirendo I'm saving £42.40 and £119.20 on mytyres

Ken

Other UK company's are also doing the scheme.

But the deal you have sounds good to me.

Make sure they put the tyres on the right way round.

Thanks AG Falco

AG Falco

Eagle eyed just spotted a spelling error in where to use the voucher, agros should read Argos

BestChoice Partner are: Amazon.co.uk, agros, ASK Italian, Bella Italia, Belgo, Best Western, Café Rouge Costa, Currys PC World, Debenhams, Decathlon UK, Ernest Jones, facebook.uk, FloraPrima, GAP, Global Hotel Card, H. Samuel, Homesense, iTunes Codes UK, John Lewis, koffer24, Mango UK, Marks&Spencer, misterspex UK, myfabrics UK, National Trust, New Look, Palmers online, Spafinder Wellness 365, Spotify UK, Starbucks, Tesco, Ticketmaster, TK Maxx, Travel Card UK

Edited by Kenrw8

I saw the Bridgestone voucher on the Kwik Fit website for online purchases only ... but it does not look generous. Anyway, as much as I like the prospect of these tyres Kwik Fit are not advertising them on their website size 185/60/15 ... nor for that matter the Michelin CrossClimate either. Which is a pity as Kwik Fit do have a winter kit offer for Michelin tyres.

Indeed one of the best offer I've seen for this tyre size is with ATS, Amazon Echo device and heavily discounted price, with a further discount if fitted on a Saturday afternoon. Seems to be online purchase required.

On 09/11/2018 at 18:53, Kenrw8 said:

That link was forT005 not A005 however doing a search found A005 at £93 compared to the £80 I'm paying.

hi again

i may have not been clear to you..i was wondering what a

205/45R16 BST T005 87W from your dealer would cost...just for comparison...perhaps the dealer i have quoting at £96
is a bit high in comparison to a 205 with your end

Edited by mrcrow

18 hours ago, mrcrow said:

that would help me a lot

cheers

geof

My local price for 4 off t005 205 45 16 87W is £90 fitted.

Mytyres have them for £93.70 fitted

Ken

Edited by Kenrw8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

My local price for 4 off t005 205 45 16 87W is £90 fitted.

Mytyres have them for £93.70 fitted

Ken

champion...perhaps the £96 is ok then...we dont have too many budget outlets near me

i like local garages as i generally support them for diesel as well

get spares etc online

cheers and thanks again

geof

On 09/11/2018 at 18:53, Kenrw8 said:

That link was forT005 not A005 however doing a search found A005 at £93 compared to the £80 I'm paying.

The T005 is a summer tyre

The A005 is all season tyre

Unless you live in the hills (where winters are needed) all season is cheaper than 2 sets, winter+summer

For most people in UK, changing to all season (which didn’t really exist in UK until 3-4 years ago) is way forward, as the all season grips better below +7c (which is common on winter mornings)

The A005 is directional so the tyres for near side and offside should be opposite way around on the rims (there is a rotation arrow on sidewall)

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

Decided to take the plunge, the roomster gets a pair of Bridgestone A005 all seasons tomorrow

Looking at the weather forecast, for next week, might have timed this right

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Decided to take the plunge, the roomster gets a pair of Bridgestone A005 all seasons tomorrow

Looking at the weather forecast, for next week, might have timed this right

the beast is on its way...next week its going to be down i think to around 5 celsius

at 4 water begins to freeze..really slippery then no traction

cheers

geof