1.0 TSI 0-60

Why 0-60 & not 0-62 mph (100km)

& Surely that is the slowest it should do it in if going for it on good road surfaces, not loaded with people or stuff,

just like Max torque or Max BHP figures is the Minimum you should expect.

The figure that should be achievable in less than perfect circumstances, so very easily like in the UK, never more than 3,500ft above sea level and the temp never above 40*oC.

Edited by Offski

Never tried it. The 1.0 manual is quick for its size but no dragster, and I don't find the awkward gearchange the most encouraging for 0-60 times.

I imagine the DSG auto would do sub 10 every time though since the shifts are near instant.

I've got the 110 TSI 1.0 and I can very well believe 9.5 secs to 60, but I haven't measured it. I've had a variety of cars and I think it feels like quite a nippy car due to it's low weight, although it isn't a fast one. It's certainly plenty fast enough for every day driving and I haven't had any problems overtaking with it.

The 1.0 only makes itselt apparent if you catch it a little off guard and instant acceleration is required i.e. before the turbo kicks in, otherwise it feels very torquey. I don't think I'd be happy with the 1.0 in the Octavia as I think that's pushing it a bit far but it feels good in the Rapid :)

Thanks for the info, currently looking between a Fabia estate or rapid/space back. I don't need something to set the world on fire just enough poke for the usual joining motorways and the odd overtake. Small engines in bigger cars has always made me skeptical. Tried the 1.0 focus and was not impressed.

How do you guys find the car? Money well spent or any regrets?

Edited by McG MkII

The SEAT version is so cheap new, it's money well spent - regardless of the fact that I don't like the 1.0 petrol much as much as my previous 1.2 version.

Neither SEAT or Skoda versions would get my vote at RRP or anywhere close though.

Edited by camelspyyder

On 19/11/2018 at 00:19, McG MkII said:

Thanks for the info, currently looking between a Fabia estate or rapid/space back. I don't need something to set the world on fire just enough poke for the usual joining motorways and the odd overtake. Small engines in bigger cars has always made me skeptical. Tried the 1.0 focus and was not impressed.

How do you guys find the car? Money well spent or any regrets?

I was similar, but I was very impressed with the 60 BHP 1.0 my partners VW UP, that I thought 110BHP in a car that just weighs over a ton should be feasible :)

I've been very impressed with mine, it isn't the most exciting car by any stretch but it is throughly competent and it's relatively simple for a modern car which I also like. I also got a great deal on mine at less than a year old. The Rapid has rear suspension from the Golf Mk 4/Octavia Mk1 and Fabia 2 front suspension I believe. I suspect there isn't a huge amount of different between the Fabia and the Rapid in reality, apart from the latter is a bit bigger (and very space efficient). If you want a solid, competent, cheap car with all the toys you need (on the Sport at least) a secondhand Rapid makes a lot of sense. They are definately far better than a lot of the press made out, but don't expect miracles.

I'm also averaging 49mpg which is better than the 47mpg I got in my old diesel which is impressive. Not that I care particuarly, but it's nice that the 1.0 saves me some pennies and I like the sound ;)

I think the Focus has a touch more power, but is also heavier.

• Like 1

Before I bought my current one it was between the Rapid Spaceback Sport and the Fabia Monte Carlo Estate.

Once I specced the Fabia to the same as the Rapid there wasn't a great deal in it. I had owned a 1.2 Rapid so I knew what to expect and went with what I knew.

Motorway overtakes are pretty straightforward. If you want to overtake on a normal single carriageway then you have to make sure that you have plenty of room but then that's maybe because I used to have a Scirocco R and could overtake more or less wherever I wanted to. It's a more leisurely overtake in that you're not going to go shooting past the car you are passing.

One you work out the engine, i.e. how long it takes for the turbo to kick in, the best gear for the speed etc then it is a good car to drive.

If you're looking for something that will overtake everything then the Rapid isn't for you.

I can be a pretty aggressive driver but since I bought mine at the end of July, I've become far more relaxed behind the wheel.

It doesn't need to be a race car as I would only be using on a weekend taking my family out in so no crazy driving or overtakes. Just good to know it's got enough poke if needed

Wife will be driving it rest of the time so would probably never get out of 3rd gear!