Electric Pickup trucks.

Ootohere

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
12 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Work vehicle for real workers maybe, work mates and tools and off up tracks etc where the other traffic is also big.

But then that is where there is a market in the UK for AWD pickups and Vans / Crew Vans. 

If they made one where an Isuzu sized vehicle then I'd go with you but these things are massive.

What I would say is that whilst I get that work sites and actual workers might need these, most in the UK seem to be driven by your average person and are treated as a bullying/compensation device.

But then Dual Use pickup's were another perk for many from the Government /HMRC and never got to building sites or near a track during the working week but maybe during domestic, leisure and pleasure times.

These EV Pickup's might well, but first there needs to be available what is being produced.

Plenty land owners and businesses that have electricity and hand and cheaply can run an EV.

These days there are plenty living and working well away from filling stations and can use a gallon or more getting just to fill up.

A Motoring Journalist with a pick up that lives in my area but up a glen was talking about that just last week on the radio with him finding the local independent filling station cheaper than the Super Market one 6 miles further on. 

Driving a pick up charged from your own electric generated from hydro, solar or wind makes sense, even if the roads are narrow.

Looking forward to Harry reviewing on Harry's Farm or Harry's Garage.

Alan Douglas.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/alan-douglas-ssangyomg-musso-pickup-review-281538

Edited by roottoot

The First Registration of Range Rovers, Bentley & Rolls Royce Hybrids or ICE and similar should be banned from British Roads by next year if they really care. 

Include EV ones as well unless they can carry a Euro pallet. 

It has so much going against it but at least it can silent run while keeping the supervisor cozy while the generator it never towed is used to dig up the road

during the night.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/news/2022/maxus-t90ev-electric-pickup-truck

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This seems like a good place for discussing the Tesla Truck.

What an ugly barstand IMO.  Not even with the appeal of a DeLorean.

I am sure there will be ones come to the UK and likely to my area where some totally inappropriate  wide yanks tanks are about on narrow roads.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just seen Tesla official youtube channel video of their truck powering an entire house, 11.5 kW Vehicle-2-Home. 

Reads like only need to change charge point £450 and add a gateway £2000. Installed should cost under £4000. 

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2023/12/05/tesla-cybertruck-can-power-homes/

The moment that is trickled down to Model Y will be when I consider changing car. Also have to wait for aftermarket stalks 😓 

Last few months, I've been researching into cheapest way to make whole house resistant to power-cuts. So far, cheapest way is Sunlynk inverter + a small battery, install cost over £7000. Or GivEnergy AIO + Giv-Gateway, over £10k, or Tesla Powerwall over £10k for the unit only. With 2 EV's, if both do V2H it'll be perfect. We never have 2 cars away at same time and need to draw large amount of power. 

Why have another battery manufactured when there's a bigger one on the driveway?