Factory bal22 up

New Fabia as arrived at stealers but is missing all my options bar cruise control (no ESP, sidebags, cd changer, 3rd headrest, zennons, heated seats) so do I accept this car and save £1300 or ask dealer to re-order and have another 10 week wait, any thoughts.:mad: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And before anyone ses it i don't want to spend the money saved on mods:lol::rofl:

Did you agree a delivery date with the dealer? If so they may be in breach of contract for being unable to supply the spec you ordered on the date they said they could.

As to thelack of options think about why you ordered each one - if you can live without them fine but I think you should bargain hard for a further discount as it's "not what was ordered".

Do you want all of the above options?! If not then accept the new car (maybe ask for a bit more off than list price of options or see what dealer fits they can do - cruise is now possible I think).....

Alternatively, see if they can source you a car with some or all of the options from another Skoda dealer... :D

Chris

Nope , you ordered those options because you wanted them and if you change your mind now you'll always be disappointed with the car.

Better to cope with the extra delay and try and get compensation from the dealer as well

Not blamin dealer, thro dtd, and dealer can show all order paper work, car is here 4 weeks early and dealer is very willing to order another, but shade of yellow will have changed he thinks, also gave option of finding another in stock or in build process as near as poss to spec ordered, just can't fullfill original order tis all. The shade of yellow is not a worry it is wether to wait another 10weeks or not. Its got cruise but nowt else, don't need any of the other stuff I hope but what if i do ie bags ESP.

Having driven a car with & without ESP I wouldn't dream of accepting it. ASR is far too annoying as it keeps kicking in when you least want it (I know you could turn it off but IMHO that's for the track etc, etc)

There are a couple of safety features you're missing, Xenons may/may not be included in that depending on your feeling about that, as well as comfort with the heated seats. I am glad we ordered them on our car at the time, it's worth every penny during the winter as the car takes a fair amount of time to warm up properly.

Wouldn't accept it personally and get another one ordered, at least there is no question it's a little bit wrong, this one is so widely off the mark that it's hard to see how to accept it. Perhaps a CD changer not being fitted or something, or a 3rd headrest, now that's something that can be lived with(out). IMHO of course & it's your money/choice :thumbup:

Whoever's to blame, dealer or factory is of no consequence to you. You had/have a contract with the dealer NOT the factory and they have failed to meet it......do not allow them to pass the buck, it's really not your problem or concern!!

I agree with snippetts from some of the above posts. Reject the car, get them to re-order with all the extra's, look for some extra discount on the new car and ask for a loan car whilst waiting for the new one.

Remember these people are (probably) not your friends and just people your doing business with.

Lance

:eek: That's just crap !!! I was gob smacked just reading it. I think if I where in your situation I'd be taking my money else where, and by that I mean a different manufactorer, or be on the phone playing hell with Skoda UK :mad:

Don't accept it,wait and get the car you ordered originally otherwise you'll never be 100% happy with it.

I bought a car once that didn't have exactly what i wanted and it always played on my mind so i didn't keep it very long.

:eek: That's just crap !!! I was gob smacked just reading it. I think if I where in your situation I'd be taking my money else where, and by that I mean a different manufactorer, or be on the phone playing hell with Skoda UK :mad:

sure dealer as played hell, its his rep, deal was and is brilliant, and its the car I want, was told originally 10/ 12 weeks (ordered feb 1) so car as arrived 4 -6 weeks early. The main question was wether to do without the options to get the car early. The majority of the options were efectively free due to the discount:P

I have now spoken again to the dealer and asked him to re-order another car which he as allways been willing to do, the problem here is Yellow is no longer an option as they are in the process of changing from lemon yellow to the new sprint yellow so maybe more delay:( but what the he33 I'll be the first with the new shade of yellow:D )

Hope the volvo lasts long enough for me to trade it in :rofl:

car is here 4 weeks early and dealer is very willing to order another

Hold on a minute. Cars just don't get delivered 4 weeks early!

That and the fact that all the extras were missing - I think this is another order that was cancelled and somewhere along the line the car has been substituted for yours. The dealer might not be to blame, but it's his responsibility to check through the delivery path and find out what happened to his original order with your name on it.

Sal

Just turn up on the day your car is meant to be there and demand a car. I'm guessing you've paid a deposit? What about finance? If you've done any finance then that company would have an interest in the car and may need to be contacted so you aren't making payments, or you could use them in saying 'no car, you guys get no interest payment'. Either way, make sure the dealer gets your car how you want it.

And ask for a few £K off as well, just for the cheek of making you wait.

I really don't understand why people here are ranting at the dealer here?

They gave him a good deal on the car , seem to have put the order in correctly but the factory screwed it up and are now trying to sort it out for him.

They haven't done anything wrong so what would shouting abuse , demanding unreasonable compensation , or going elsewhere achieve?

Agreed, it might not be the dealer's fault, but it certainly isn't postmanpat's fault. He's entitled to the car he ordered and on the date he ordered it for. He's the customer after all and it's his money that will pay for the car.

-Sal

My very first Fabia in basic red arrived without AC as I had specified and paid for. Nonetheless, I stood my ground and waited for replacement. Dealer managed to source an alternative from Hull and although a different colour (cayenne met), I accepted and didn't regret it as the colour grew on me and I was disappointed when Skoda dropped it.

They probably lost hundreds on my Punto part-ex!!!

Tell them you want what you ordered, but demand use of the one that has arrived (or a vRS demonstrator) in the meantime.

This is the CORRECT answer, IMHO.

As they are in breach of contract, you are more than entitled to make them order the correct vehicle and in the meantime you are entitled to some substitute (i.e. in this context a subsitute vehicle would be IMHO a suitable settlement for 'breach of contract')

'Damages' in this context is you should be given use of an 'equivalent' vehicle, at their expense - a court of law would see this as them making recompense for their mistake. Perhaps you have just sold your previous vehicle and you are effectively 'car-less' for the 10 weeks?

What is 'acceptable' under this circumstance is a matter of fair and reasonableness, and for you and the supplier (the dealer) to agree upon. I.e. an interim Fabia vRS to run about in for the 10 weeks. If you cannot agree on a fair and reasonable settlement then a court of law will decide. As we are talking 10 weeks here, I'd personally (in the event they refused to provide an interim vehicle) hire a car for the 10 weeks and claim the cost of this through the court system. Once you put it to them like this, they'll be more than happy to lend you a car for 10 weeks ;) Ten weeks car hire for a vehicle of equivalent value is not going to be cheap, even with Enterprise!

Acceptable to me would be an upto 12 month old preowned car - this will 'cost' the dealer very little. By driving that new vRS about for ten weeks (and thus making it a 'second hand' car) the 'cost' to the dealer might not be deemed 'fair and reasonable'.

Take some advice from the C.A.B. - they are far more conversant with the technicalities of UK consumer law than I !!

Agreed' date=' they're trying to get you to buy a cancelled order or a salesmans ****-up.

[/quote']

Here here.

I feel I must address Dr Zoidberg's comments - this isn't a dig at you, but I disagree with your statements...

I really don't understand why people here are ranting at the dealer here?

People aren't ranting. They are exercising their rights as consumers under UK law. Maybe you personally would choose not to, that is up to you (there is an oft-quoted analogy in here about 'getting shafted', but let's not go there hehe - sorry just trying to 'inject' some humour and keep things lighthearted. Ok, I'll stop... )

They gave him a good deal on the car ' date=' [b']seem[/b] to have put the order in correctly but the factory screwed it up and are now trying to sort it out for him.

Again, it is not my intention to try and shoot you down here, but what you are saying is not based upon the full facts, hence you used the word 'seem'. You don't know for sure, neither do I, neither does Postmanpat. As Yeehaa2.0TDi stated, it could well be a dealer mistake or simply trying to shift a cancelled order.

PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THEIR RIGHTS AND DEALERS PLAY ON THIS! It's just the way it is. Maybe it is an unethical practice, but it happens, and it's not illegal to for them to 'take advantage' or make up a little story to tell you. As I just said, we'll never know what the real story is...

Hence the old adage, 'buyer beware'.

They haven't done anything wrong so what would shouting abuse ' date=' demanding unreasonable compensation , or going elsewhere achieve?[/quote']

Again, your statement (in bold) indicates assumption on your part. Or, perhaps you know something we don't? Do you work for this particular dealer in order to know this claim is 100% fact?

What is your definition of unreasonable compensation? Asking for an interim means of transport to the equivalent specification of the original product that the gentleman ordered would not be seen unreasonable by any court of law. It will hit the dealer 'bottom line profit' though. But, this isn't unreasonable at all, a contract has been breached.

I don't know where 'shouting abuse' or 'going elsewhere' was discussed in this thread so far, apologies if I am wrong I have only skimmed over the posts...

Edit: I stand corrected...

They are bang out of order - demand any deposit back and order from another dealer - dont accept the car!

I don't know that I'd go quite this far right at this stage, but in theory you could do this if you so chose to.

Personally, I'd give them the option to get it right and supply an interim vehicle until the vRS with your desired specification arrives.

Again, PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THEIR RIGHTS AND DEALERS PLAY ON THIS! Maybe it is an unethical practice, but it happens, and it's not illegal from them to do so, or tell lies to you should they decide to! Car dealers are a business, out to make money, they aren't charities, unfortunately for us...

Everyone gets excited about a new car, believe me, I am about our Fabia. The thing is, dealers know this, and it's so easy to accept their mistake when all you want is that nice shiny car, and you know it's another 10 weeks to wait until you can get hold of it, DUE TO THEIR MISTAKE. So easy to forget this, in all the excitement and after all that waiting. Especially in the few days counting down to that day you are due to pick up your new pride and joy...

Similarly, I see the same on this and many other boards with respect to your right as a consumer as to where you have the car serviced... People paying 100's for a simple oil change and visual inspection because they think their warranty will be invalidated if they don't take it to a main dealer. INCORRECT. You need a competent mechanic to service the car IN ACCORDANCE WITH the manufacturers instruction and using parts which are in accordance with (i.a.w) the manufacturers specification (i.e. genuine parts).

You or I can do an oil change, assuming we are competent enough to carry out this task i.a.w. the correct procedure. Competency can be learned, you don't necessarily have to have had VAG training, you need to be able to follow a technical instruction and have an understanding of the importance of torque on that sump plug as you tighten it up!

Check the law, ask C.A.B, ask a lawyer if you have a 'friend' or a good solictor who'll not charge you for a quick bit of advice.

Edited for spelling

Guest Fabia 12v

don't accept, you specced these items, all of the things you added are really needed in my opinion to make the vRS special. All the items will help your value in later years. Don't accept, make them give you a car in the time you have to wait for them to source one to your spec and haggle for compensation to.