Water Ingress - Passenger footwell

KYW

New to the forum, hope I am doing this correctly. Great place for info and advice.

I have owned a Karoq Edition since April 2018. Love the car, fits my needs to transport family, one of which has mobility issues so have plenty of room for their equipment. However, car has been at dealers for 6 weeks whilst they identify and fix issue of water ingress in passenger footwell that I identified in November. Car has been systematically taken apart - seats, carpets, front wing, windscreen all taken out/off. Now think they have found cause - a fitting just infront of wing mirror. Car being put back together but no dates for new carpets so don't know when will be back, technician working on it has been great, but I am starting lose patience and forget what my car looks like!

• Like 1

Was given a Rapid for 4 weeks but to low for passenger to get in, now have an Arona which is ok for height and can get equipment in with seats down. Not as nice to drive as the karoq!

• Like 2

I suppose I should look at the positive, although with the amount of water in the karoq I was thinking of asking skoda for a contribution to a pair of waders.

Skoda UK could have supplied a Karoq or a Kodiaq and should have, they just needed to be told to treat a customer correctly.

If they could not get one of the Hundreds they have in the UK that are there as Demonstrators they could hire one.

A Arona is not a replacement for a Karoq an Ateca would have been and SEAT / VW Group have plenty of them kicking about waiting to be some after no longer demonstrators as a nice little earner for Dealers.

I would contact Skoda UK tomorrow and have the arrange to get that Rapid uplifted and a like for like car delivered.

The Dealership is taking the Pith.

Their Sales Executive sand Dealer Principal and others are driving nice cars and not scooting about in a Rapid.

Edited by Skoffski

4 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Skoda appear to do a good line of wet foot wells 

Maybe that's what the kangaroo effect is for, open door slightly and when it jumps it will throw the water out ! :tongueout::tongueout:

• Like 1

I had the same problem with my Edition and it was traced to 'pinched and kinked' drain pipes from the sunroof. These were replaced and - fingers crossed - solved the problem, although we haven't had significant rainfall yet.

Many thanks for the info, apparently all of the usual culprits including these were checked. Really hoping they are correct in identifying cause as replacement carpet on the way and should have car back in the next few weeks:)

Collected car yesterday, technician done a fantastic job putting it all back together. Car looked like new and great to have it back, quickly remembered why I chose in the first place.

• 11 months later...

I also have a water ingress issue in the front passenger foot well on my 2018 April Karoq Edition. It has already been back in for this issue. Dealer said they found the panoramic roof drains blocked initially. Then when the front near side wing was off they said they found that insufficient sealent had been applied when the car was still on the production line! Car goes back in on 21st January 2020 to Carrs in Bridgwater for second attempt to rectify this issue. 

Dropped my Karoq off this morning. Loaner is a Karoq. 2ltr Diesel DSG. Tech eluded to the fact that I am not alone with this issue. No surprises there. Heavy frost this morning in Somerset. Passenger carpet frozen stiff. Large issue now with mould on the carpets. Tech said new carpets would be supplied. Also the panoramic roof may have to be completely removed which may result in a new one being fitted. Tech said Skoda have come up with a fix for the issue, but the Tech was not able to tell me fully what the fix entailed. This is Skodas second chance to resolve the same issue. Initially with Carrs in Bridgwater for 2 weeks from today. 

• Sad 1

I have a Karoq 1.5 TSI Edition shipped to UK at same time as KYW's car which started this strand.Passenger footwells are full of water.Dealer although doing their best are stuck.Can KYW or someone tell me how their dealer  fixed the problem?Please!

I have been contacted today by my dealer. They have had my car for over a week and have informed me today that they are unable to find the leak. They are waiting for a special piece of equipment from Skoda which is expected to arrive in England on Feb 11th 2020. I understand it works on ultrasonics. I am, at this time not full of confidence that the water ingress will be resolved very quickly. I do have a Karoq on loan from the dealer. 

I will post any further info as and when I receive any.