Tyres

Hi guys my kodiaq has done 20300 miles and is due for new tyres 235/50/19 now the ones I have on have the seal inside should I get the same or is there any others you would recommend thanks in advance

Do you have the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo SUV (Sealguard), or the Pirelli Scorpion (Seal Inside Technology)?

20,000 miles seems low, there are a few people claiming they're still at 5mm tread depth at the same or similar mileage, but I'm not sure which of the two brands fitted by Skoda that they have.

Being a 4x4 have all four tyres worn evenly? They always did on my Octavia Scout so I'm hoping the Kodiaq will be the same.

Pirelli scorpion seal inside the back ones r fine just the front I was looking at getting some cross climate tyres instead? The pirelli scorpion seal inside getting quotes for £190 a tyre and the cross climate r £180 a tyre

If you want Hankooks I've got a set of four in my garage that I took off the car just after I bought it. From memory I think I'd done about 600 miles before the all season tyres I'd ordered on line showed up. I'd sell cheapmjust to get the space back in the garage, only issue is I won't be home until the week after next.

1 hour ago, Birtywhistle said:

Pirelli scorpion seal inside the back ones r fine just the front I was looking at getting some cross climate tyres instead? 

If you replace like-for-like, you’ll only need to buy two, for the front.

If you change to cross-climates, I suspect tyre places will say you’ll need to buy all four.  That’s because mixing them will make the car unstable in very cold weather - grip on one end, but much less on the other.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2019 at 09:44, silver1011 said:

Being a 4x4 have all four tyres worn evenly? They always did on my Octavia Scout so I'm hoping the Kodiaq will be the same.

After 12000 miles I have about 5mm tread on the front and 6mm on the back, so thats reasonably even I guess.

On 07/03/2019 at 09:44, silver1011 said:

20,000 miles seems low, there are a few people claiming they're still at 5mm tread depth at the same or similar mileage, but I'm not sure which of the two brands fitted by Skoda that they have.

We are at 25k miles on Scorpions, and still have c. 5mm tread front and rear. I rotate tyres front and back every 10k miles though as the fronts are definitely wearing at a slightly higher rate. 

• Like 1

I didn't realise tyres fitted to the Kodiaq had an 'inner seal'. Is it a membrane on the inner side of the tyre? Cars I have looked at in the dealers have all had Pirelli's on. How can you tell if they have the sealing compound - or is it a standard spec for Skoda and they don't list it?

It's written on the sidewall...

Image result for pirelli scorpion seal inside

96CD867C-ED9E-46CA-9F20-2DCED6F3D3C1.jpeg

Volkswagen promote it as a feature on their Tiguan, not sure why Skoda don't...

image.png.3fb2841723c2332d2cc5cb2add011be5.png

image.png.98aef9167b43f39caffb8be7fe1b1aa9.png

Edited by silver1011

Thanks for this info. Something new to me. It does seeyodd that Skoda don’t promote this. 

Another reason to look forward to getting my Kodiaq 

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:22, Valkyrie said:

If you want Hankooks I've got a set of four in my garage that I took off the car just after I bought it. From memory I think I'd done about 600 miles before the all season tyres I'd ordered on line showed up. I'd sell cheapmjust to get the space back in the garage, only issue is I won't be home until the week after next.

I might be interested in these sir, and not too far away. What you thinking?